Welcome to the full guidelines on How to Create or Update JAMB Profile for 2019/2020 registration. You all know its now a must for all UTME candidates to create a JAMB profile account so as to make every admission process easy for JAMB itself. In this article I will be sharing with you the step-by-step procedure on how you can successfully create or update your JAMB Profile Account without any stress or paying anybody to help you create it. It only requires your cellphone or internet connection.
Currently, the JAMB official website and registration method has changed. You now have to register or create a profile with JAMB and then proceed to get JAMB E-Pin before you are allowed to do any registration.
How To Create or Update JAMB profile For 2019/2020 Registration
Now that you know what JAMB profile is all about, the following steps will help you create JAMB profile for 2019/2020 registration successfully.
There are three options to create your JAMB profile for Jamb 2019/2020 registration and I will explain all. Note that number 1 is highly recommended.
- Sending SMS/Text Message
- Through JAMB website
- Using JAMB Mobile Application
JAMB Profile Creation by Candidates Using Cellphones – Text (SMS):
- Send his/her Surname, First Name & Middle Name (where applicable). This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to JAMB short code of 55019.
- One cell number (mobile number) can be used by one candidate only.
- A confirmation code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone number which will be used to procure the ePIN.
JAMB PROFILE 2019/2020 REGISTRATION SELF HELP IN CASE OF MISTAKE / LOSS:
To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, resend a text message (from the registered number) “CORRECT Surname, First name, Middle name” to 55019
To retrieve a lost confirmation code, resend a text message (from the registered number) “RESEND” to 55019 .
How to Create or Update JAMB Profile for 2019/2020 Registration Directly on JAMB Website
- Visit the Jamb Official website
- Beside the Post registration facility, you will see a button to login. Click on the login button.
- A new page will load.
- Click on create new account button to begin your JAMB profile 2019/2020 creation.
- You will be required to verify your email. See the screenshot below:
- Click on select to choose a security question from the drop down menu. E.g, what is your mother’s maiden name?
- In the last two spaces (Secret question answer), enter the same answer. If your mother’s maiden is/was Ben, write it in the last two spaces and click on verify.
- You will see a dialogue box requesting you to verify your email. If the box shown to you is not exactly like the one below, it means your email has issues. Create and verify a new email before creating your JAMB profile.
- Log in to your email and confirm it. If you don’t find the mail under updates, check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, relax. Sometimes it takes time to arrive. It
- Click on the link that Jamb will send to you to continue the registration.
- After that, you will be required to fill in the following details: Name, surname, email, password and date of birth….
- If you don’t have an email yet, create a gmail account here now in two minutes.
- Then use the above steps to create your JAMB Profile account.
- After the account creation, login to view your JAMB Profile.
How to Create or Update JAMB Profile for 2019/2020 Registration Using JAMB Mobile Application
To create your JAMB profile using the JAMB mobile application, go to Google Play and download the app.
Good luck on your forth coming examination.