The Project File Details
- Name: ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACTS OF MICRO-FINANCE INDUSTRY ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE RURAL AREA IN NIGERIA
- Type: MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [149 KB]
- Length:  Pages
TABLE OF CONTENT
Title page i
Table of content v
- Background to the study
- Statement of the problem
- Aims and objectives of the study
- Scope of the study
- Limitation and constraints to the study
- Conceptual issue in micro finance industry
- Rational for the establishment of microfinance
- Features of micro finance industry in Nigeria
- Regulatory authority and
- Meaning and feature of rural area
- Rate of poverty in rural area
- Reason for increasing rate of poverty in rural area
- Impacts of micro finance bank towards eradicating poverty in rural area.
- Problems of union banks in eradicating poverty.
- Data collection method/techniques
- Data presentation and analysis method
- Definition of population
- Sample size and distribution
- Sample selection
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS, SUMMARY CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION,
- Brief history of case study
- Data presentation and analysis
- Summary of findings
This study researches into the Assessment of the Impacts of Microfinance Industry on the Development of the Rural Area in Nigeria, A Case Study of Gaa-Akanbi Micro Finance bank Ilorin. It examines the significant of micro finance bank in Nigeria. It was concluded that knowing the population of rural area is very low, with special reference to Gaa-Akanbi Micro Finance Bank.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
According to Banda M. (2002), micro finance industry is about providing finance service to the poor who are traditionally not serve by the conventional financial institution in Nigeria the formal financial system provides services to about 35% of economically active population which the remaining 65% are excluded from the access to financial services. The small and medium scale enterprises falls among the 6% who are not catered for financially. The financial need of most of these small and medium scale enterprises are catered for by the informal financial sector via non-government organization (NGO’s), friends, money under relatives as well as credit unions.
In order to enhance financial flow to the poor Nigerians who want to start up a small and medium scale business, the government has in the past initiated a series of publicly financed micro-credit programe and policies targeted at the poor. Some of such programe were agricultural credit guarantee scheme (ACGS), people bank of Nigerians community banks (CB), now micro finance bank etc. all these are aimed at empowering Nigerians and local productions.
Microfinance industry the main source of funding micro enterprises in Nigerian Africa and even other developing regions.
This study is aimed at undertaking a primary survey of micro finance institution or industry has helped inconditioning poverty in the rural area. It will also examine the framework of microfinance institution and also observed how the operation of micro-finance. To this research work will make a critical education of micro finance institution and wide examination of rural area (concentration on the level of poverty) and how the operations of the institution have helped in reading poverty.
1.2 THE FOLLOWING ARE THE PROBLEMS THAT NECESSITATED OUR CHOICE OF THE TOPIC:
- Conceptual framework of microfinance and microfinance industry in Nigeria.
- Reason for the establishment of microfinance banks
- Regulation bodies and regulatory guidelines the operation of micro-finance industry in Nigeria.
- Rate of poverty in the rural area.
- Reason for the increasing rate of poverty in rural area.
- Impact of microfinance banks in eradication poverty in the rural area
- Different and drawbacks encountered by microfinance banks while performing their function of poverty eradication.
- Solution to the problem of microfinance industry.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of this research work is to examine the assessment of the impacts of micro finance banks in eradicating poverty in the rural area. The aims and objective of the study are as follows:
- Examine the conceptual framework of microfinance industry in Nigeria
- Enumerate the feature and the meaning of a rural setting
- Discuss the rate of poverty in rural area
- Highlight the reason for the increasing rate of poverty in rural area.
- Expatiate the role and impact of micro-finance banks in eradicating poverty in rural area
- Examine the problems encountered by microfinance industry and the likely solution.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work is descriptive in nature and to describe the impact or roles of microfinance bank/industry in eradicating poverty in rural area. This research work is also beneficial to the micro finance banks because it will examine the problems of micro finance banks critically and potters a solution to the problems.
Thus, this research will therefore, help in the overall economic development as it will encourage rural dwellers on the effective utilization of the microfinance banks never to them because this research work is describe and will educate the general public on the use of micro finance efficiently and effectively.
Finally, at the completion of this work the following group will benefit one way as listed below
- Micro finance institutions:
(i) This research work will increase their scope of service and profitability
(ii) The research work will also assist the micro finance banks in identifying their problems and proper likely dwellers.
(i) This research work will educate the rural dweller on the impact of micro finance.
(ii) The project will also educate the rural dweller on how to increase their saving and productivity.
(iii) This research work will also eradicate poverty in rural area by educating the dweller on the effective use of the bank.
Traditional authorities will as well benefit from this project because it will increase their internal revenue generated as a result on increase in their level of productivity.
Finally, local and state government will benefit from this research work through the overall increase in standard of living in the rural area and the state at large.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work focus on assessment of the impact of microfinance banks in eradicating poverty in the rural area but because of the existence of some limiting factors the research work delaminate the study with special emphasis on Gaa-Akanbi community as the rural area under study as our sample population.
As a result of this, the research work is an historical case study and investigative based research. It emphasis on Gaa-Akanbi micro finance banks as a case study of the project.
1.6 LIMITATIONS AND CONSTRAINTS TO THE STUDY
In carrying out this research work, some of the limitation or problems encountered are:
- Financial constraints, because the research work is personally financed by the researcher.
- Inadequate materials to guide in carrying out the research work.
- Unenthusiastic attitude of some the respondent in divulging useful information about the research topic
- Serious rubbing of minds and brainstorming by the researcher, before unanimously putting down point on the research topic.
- Problems of generalization of the final finding of the research to all rural areas in Nigeria However, despite all the limitation encountered during the research effort were made to ensure that the limitation did not serve as an obstacle or hindrance toward the successful competition of this research.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to email@example.com. We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.