Finally, you came to the right place. Congrats! So you are through with your O’Level and it’s time for you to secure admission into tertiary institution? Well, you already know that you need to pass the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination to make this dream a reality. I’m confident that you need the complete Chemistry JAMB past questions and answers PDF? Worry no more because we at PROJECTS.ng have compiled all the best JAMB past questions and answers on Chemistry that will help you prepare for your JAMB examination. Continue reading to learn how to download the complete Chemistry JAMB past questions and answers PDF FREE and Premium versions instantly. Believe me, it’s pretty straightforward.
WHAT IS INSIDE THIS Chemistry JAMB PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS PDF FREE AND PREMIUM VERSIONS?
The File Details
- Name: Chemistry JAMB Past Questions and Answers
- Type: PDF
- Size: 2.2MB
- Length: 70 Pages
Inside this Chemistry JAMB past questions and answers PDF are several years of Chemistry JAMB examination past questions and answers including the most recent JAMB examinations because we update it every year. You will be happy to get this and start getting prepared right away. You sure need to pass this exam, and believe me, you will.
Recommended: See All the Latest JAMB News
HOW TO INSTANTLY DOWNLOAD THIS Chemistry JAMB PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS PDF FREE AND PREMIUM VERSIONS
Downloading the Chemistry JAMB past questions and answers PDF on PROJECTS.ng is pretty straightforward. Please see the end of this page to learn how to download it.
Note: The main purpose of this past question and answer is to reveal to you the nature and scope of the JAMB examination as well as help you gain confidence before the examination. We at PROJECTS.ng, cannot categorically tell you that the actual questions for the examination will come from this Chemistry JAMB past questions and answers PDF. Nevertheless, we are confident that you will be on the fly after preparing your memory with this resource here.
JAMB Past Questions and Answers on Chemistry
Below is some part of the contents of the Chemistry JAMB past questions and answers PDF FREE.
1. X is crystalline salt of sodium. Solution ofX in water turns litmus red produces a gas which turns lime water milky when added to sodium carbonate. With barium chloride solution, X gives a white precipitate which is insoluble in dilute hydrochloric acid. X is
2. The alkanol obtained from the production of soap is
3. The flame used by welders in cotton metals is
A. butane gas flame
B. acetylene flame
C. kerosene flame
D. oxy-acetylene flame
E. oxygen flame
4. Consecutive members of an alkane homologous series
5. If an element has the lectronic configuration 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p2, it is
A. a metal
B. an alkaline earthmetal
C. an s-block element
D. a p-block element
E. a transition element
6. Some copper (11) sulphate pentahydrate (CuSO45H2O), was heated at 120oC with the following results:Wt of crucible= 10.00 g;Wt ofcrucible +CuSO45H2O=14.98g; Wt of crucible + residue = 13.54g. Howmanymolecules of water of crystallization were lost? [H=1, Cu =63.5, O=16, S= 32]
7. The three-dimensional shape of methane is
Question 8-10 are based on the following
An unknown organic compound X has a relative molecular mass of 180. It is a colourless crystalline solid, readily soluble in water. X contains the element C, H, and O in the atomic ratio 1:2:1. The compound has a sweet taste and melts on heating. In the presence of yeast and in the absence of air X is converted to compound Y in the absence of air, X is converted to compound Y and colourless gas. Compound Y reacts with sodium metal to produce a gas Z which gives a ‘pop’ sound with a glowing splint. Y also reacts with ethanoic acid to give a sweet smelling compound W.
8. Compound W is
A. a soap
B. an oil
C. an alkane
D. an ester
9. Themolecular formula of X is
10. reaction of X with yeast forms the basic of the
A. plastic industry
B. textile industry
C. brewing industry
D. soap industry
E. dyeing industry.
11. A mixture of common salt, ammonium chloride and barium sulphate can best be separated by
A. addition of water followed by filtration then sublimation
B. addition ofwater followed by sublimation then filtration
C. sublimation followed by addition of water then filtration
D. fractional distillation
E. fractional crystallization.
12. Which of the following relationships between the pressure P, the volume V and the temperature T, represents and ideal gas behaviors?
C. PT& V
E. P & V/T
13. In the above experiment (fig1) the litmus paper will initially
A. be bleached
B. turn green
C. turn red
D. turn blue
E. turn black
A SCREENSHOT FROM THE Chemistry JAMB PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS PDF
See also: JAMB Past Questions and Answers for other subjects.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to email@example.com. We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.