Download the complete Computer science topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The Project File Details
- Name: DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [733KB]
- Length:  Pages
In this computer technology world the impact of IT contributes major roles in all real time system. Various management systems implemented for achieving the business organization towards profit, standards, and further business enhancement. The main aim of this research is to implement a web based system that can secure the information’s of visitors to a company. This system is a well-structured system and easy to use. The languages used to develop this system are PHP (Personal Home Page), HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language), CSS (Cascading Style Sheet), and Database is MySQL. The website has a large memory of storing all the information of the visitors to a company and also keeping record, it is highly effective and accurate. I will recommend that if there is going to be any modification the new writer should endeavor to improve on the limitations, such as making it possible for visitors to book appointment online and fill the necessary information before coming down for visit or an appointment.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
1.0 Background of study
1.1 Statement of the problem
1.2 Objective of study
1.3 Significance of study
2.1 Background of study
2.2 Literature Review
2.2.1 Information and Reviews
2.2.2 Product Perspective
2.2.3 Product Function
2.2.4 Product Selection/Payment
2.2.5 User characteristics
2.2.6 General Constraints
2.2.7 Assumptions and Dependencies
3.1 Description of the Existing System
3.1.1 Problems and Weakness of the Existing System
3.2 Analysis of the Proposed System
3.3 Design of the Proposed System
- Use case Diagram
3.3.2 Database Design
3.4 System Architecture
4.1 Choice of Development Environment
4.2 Implementation Architecture
4.3 Software Testing
1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
A Visitor Management System (VMS) is an evolving concept defined as a systematic collection of visitor’s information. It is a record in digital format that is theoretically capable of keeping track of list of visitors and their personal details for effective service from both clients and the company.
This system tracks the usage of a public office by gathering increasing amounts of information. A visitor management system can record the usage of the facilities by specific visitors and provide documentation of visitor’s whereabouts. Since a visitor management system provides a record of office used and the person visited, these systems are frequently used to complement office security systems and access control systems.
As electronic visitor management systems become more common and more powerful, these systems are taking over many of the functions of office security and access control like gathering information manually.
Managing visitors is an essential access control activity traditionally handled through paper logs or guest books, where visitors sign in at the front desk. Synergis’ Visitor Management module allows you to modernize your approach, go paperless, and become more efficient. Enroll visitors, assign physical access rights, and track their movements with ease. A digital visitor management system does the core job of checking in visitors. But it also does many things pen and paper cants which include:
- Maintain a cloud-based visitor log.
- Take photos of your visitors to help you identify them.
And so on.
- STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
After carefully analysis of the project the researcher observed that the following problems are mainly encountered by different organization
- The present method of visitors management system is mainly based on manual recording,
- The present system makes use of small or no database for recording of visitor’s information.
- Due to lack of comprehensive database, accountability is usually very difficult,
- The present system is time consuming,
- Owing to the paper and pen method of recording information visitors may not give out its full information needed at a particular time,
- Queuing may occur at the cause of entering information needed.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
The aim of this project is to design and implement an online visitors management system.
The objectives include:
- To build a web database for storing visitor’s information: to setup a strong relational database for storing visitor’s information for easy retrieval and annual report analysis.
- To develop a web base which helps to insert and retrieve visitors information: retrieval of information stored in a database is vital and must be ready to get back from the database when needed so that the purpose of storing the data must be accomplished.
- To give account of visitors that visited the organization:the system that is setup must be ready to give total number of visitors that visited the organization per day, week, yearly etc.
- To ascertain the reasons why the visitor visited: the system will also track the reasons why the visitors visited, whether the message is relevant or not.
- To provide easy access of searching and navigation for time saving: the system have a special way of retrieving data from the database like search the visitor using its identification number.
- To provide adequate assessment of staff base on the amount of visitor (Client) and their reason.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
With growth of information technology, the study offers numerous values in business premises and revenue payment:
- Visitors get high quality service: since the recording requires human information, with use of computer more concrete information will be provided.
- It will be easier to generate overall report: comprehensive and relational database will make the report generation easy and faster.
- High Security Environments:Assign and print credentials for your visitors like any other employee, define detailed access rights, specify visitor escorts, and give your staff full control over access to your facilities.
- It will provide efficient, effective and timely services,
- It will reduce corruption,
- It contributes to the entire organization security.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.