Download the complete Computer science topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB BASED SHOPPING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB BASED SHOPPING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The Project File Details
- Name: DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB BASED SHOPPING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [680KB]
- Length:  Pages
The Project Online shopping management system is a complete multi-user website. The system helps in buying of goods, products and services online by choosing the listed products from website (E-Commerce site). This system provides an efficient way of adding almost all the features of the online shopping. In the cause of writing this research, HTML, CSS, PHP, JS and Sublime text were used to design the system (front end) and Xampp Server was used to store the database (back end). The website has a large memory of storing all the goods in the shop and also keeping record, it is highly effective and accurate.
E-commerce (electronic commerce) is the buying and selling of goods and services, or the transmitting of funds or data, over an electronic network, primarily the internet. In this area of technology, e-commerce is fast gaining ground as an accepted and used business paradigm. These business transactions occur either as business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C), consumer-to-consumer (C2C) or consumer-to-business (C2B). The terms e-commerce and e-business are often used interchangeably. The term e-tail is also sometimes used in reference to transactional processes for online shopping.More and more business houses are implementing web sites providing functionality for performing commercial transactions over the web. It is reasonable to say that the process of shopping on the web is becoming the common place.
Since the emergence of World Wide Web (WWW), vendors can easily sell their products to the different kinds of people over the internet. Many people prefer online shopping because of its different kinds of convenience. They can find a specific product by searching various online stores which is less time consuming and tedious process rather than searching this product in various stores in the market.
The largest of these online retailing corporations are Alibaba, Amazon.com, and eBay.Retail success is no longer all about physical stores. This is evident because of the increase in retailers now offering online store interfaces for consumers.
There are many online businesses on the internet. People have many choices to buy products through the internet. These products include household equipment, electronics, clothing products and many more. Now a day’s people are so busy that they have no time to go to shopping malls and buy the things they want and this was the problem primarily intended for online shopping to solve. That’s why importance of online shopping is increasing with the passage of time and one cannot deny this fact. Online shops gives you lot of discounts that you may not find by shopping at the physical stores. Moreover many online shops not only give you huge discounts on different products but at the same time they provide free shipping to whatever destination provided it’s in the shop’s agreed location’s. Online shopping not only save your time but it saves lots of your money by not going to visit each shop and spend money on gas and patrol. The issue of wasting time and petrol and not seeing that project you wish to purchase is another problem intended to be tackled by inventing online shopping. Online shopping gives you benefit of comparing same products at different online shops at the same time which you can’t do in a physical store. So you cannot only compare the quality of products but also their prices as well. You can order anything from the whole world and it will be delivered at your home. There are more than 90% chances that you will find your desired product whether you shop from auction online websites like eBay or a specialty store. When you go to any department store for shopping, you cannot know about customer feedback about any product but with online shopping you can read customer feedback about any product. Customer feedback can help you to buy a product with more ease.
The main objective of this study is to design and see the implementation of an online shopping management system.
Specifically the study intends to:
- Display goods and services in the store.
- Automate every sale effectively without mixing product prizes.
- Store product detail using a secure database
- Manage every user’s information of the system.
- This research work is to develop a system capable of handling sales by automating a cart system that stores details prior to when the user requests a sales service. This research work is a cost effective and conducive method for buying and selling and easier method for a customer to get their desired goods easily
- This study is important to sellers and buyers because it saves time energy rather than going to the open market, It is a more dynamic way of buying and selling also because it reduces the chances of shoplifting.
- It is important to students especially those in computer science as a reference material when designing their project
- Lecturers who teach system analysis and design can also benefit from it as a guide to what they teach students
- Workshop and conference paper presenters will make use of this especially those presenting design and implementing of e-commerce
- Manufacturers of industries that produce goods will make use of this work in marketing their products especially online.Therefore this provides a new avenue for product marketing by managers of industries.