Download the complete computer science project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED RESTAURANT ORDERING SYSTEM here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED RESTAURANT ORDERING SYSTEM
The Project File Details
- Name: DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED RESTAURANT ORDERING SYSTEM
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [333KB]
- Length:  Pages
Background of the Technology
A restaurant is a place to eat. Most people who get sick of cooking meals at home or those who get hungry along the way go to restaurants. It prepares and serves food and drinks to customers in return for money. Restaurants can be found almost everywhere. Each of them has own different themes, gimmicks, designs, and styles. They vary greatly in appearance and offerings but all of them have the same way in showing what they offer to their customers, through printed menus. In a restaurant, a menu is a presentation of food and beverage offerings. According to Wikipedia, it is divided in different categories, namely; appetizers, side orders, desserts, and beverages. Customers choose and order the meal that they desire through waiters or waitresses.
Almost everything today depends on technology and most of the things that people use are automated and computerized. The group borrowed the idea of using tablet PC’s in reading E-Books and use it also for viewing restaurant menu where the customers can directly choose and order their desired meal. A tablet personal computer also know as tablet PC is a portable personal computer equipped with a touch screen as a primary input device and designed to be operated by an individual according to Whatis.com.Conceptual Framework of the Study
The main purposed of the study is to form an integrated system, developed to assist restaurant management groups by enabling customers to immediately make orders on their own selves. This will minimize the number of minutes to wait for the meal serving.
The existing system is paper based. The traditional menu cards in the restaurant are paper based. Waiters use paper to write the order of customers. The records are stored on paper while the proposed system is carried out in high-tech way. The proposed system is deemed more accurate, requires less processing time and reduces error than the current manual system.
Statement of the Problem
The restaurant manager when dealing with the restaurant transaction and even the crews are experiencing hard time on running and preparing works inside the restaurant.
There is also a possibility of human error because they still use manual process which can be easily modified and cause a misleading data. One of the most common problems restaurant owners face is the menu because good menu is a balancing act.
- Problem in mismatching orders-in ordering, difficulties arise when the attendants tends to give the orders into the wrong table.
- Errors in the computation of bills and reports-because of manual computation of bills and reports show an incorrect computation thus causing a big problem when inventory comes.
- Poor bookkeeping-food assessors have been known to make mistakes on invoices-charging double, not reflecting payments made, not delivering food listed on the invoice.
Scope and Limitation of the Study
- To allow the user to view the menu offered by the restaurant including its details and prices.
- Customer can order using a tablet device-Customer can now order through tablet that is associated in their assigned tables.
- To include generation of a daily report features.
- To include “Call assistance button”.
- Kitchen monitor for the incoming orders.
- Additional orders of the customer.
Significance of the Study
- To the manager
It will be standard for easiness in the work of the manager. It will lessen the work of the manager whom checking the restaurant since the study we generate report base on number/s of orders thus helps to manage good purchasing, selling and returning.
- To the waiter
Waiters will be at ease since they do not have to take note the restaurant placed touch screen monitors per table where the customers can touch the given button on the monitor to activate a buzzer that calls the waiter.