Download the complete computer science project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE INDUSTRIAL TRAINING FUND PAYMENT SYSTEM here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE INDUSTRIAL TRAINING FUND PAYMENT SYSTEM
The Project File Details
- Name: DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE INDUSTRIAL TRAINING FUND PAYMENT SYSTEM
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [202KB]
- Length:  Pages
It is pertinent to say that students are encountering problems in receiving their industrial training allowance. As a computer science student, we have to take the lead while others follow. Setting the pace in everything that has to do with computing is what matters so long as I am concern. In a bid to put a stop to that, I have decided to develop a workable website for the school that will enable the students receive their allowance on any bank of their choice and visit any cybercafé all over the world, log in and fill the necessary information without having to go to the school bursary.
What motivated me is the way people travel from far ,in other to receive their allowance and go to the bursary department for their cheque collection instead of receiving their money online. For instance those on one year industrial will have to come to the school in other to collect their cheque and cash their money at a particular bank specified. The case of our students dying in an auto mobile crash or queuing up at the bursary department will be a thing of past.
This website is designed using ASP.NET and dream weaver. It is an interactive website. And it is intended to provide the services that are mostly needed by the students for their industrial training allowance. The students will now be in a better position to receive their money and bank will submit to the industrial training fund headquarter and/or institution the print out of the total number of students whom they have credited their account for confirmation.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Content
1.1 Background of study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Aim/objectives of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Scope of the study
1.6 Organization of study
1.7 Limitation of the study
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 Brief History of Industrial Training Fund
2.2 Innovation and Technology Fund
2.3 The Review of the Site
2.4 Industrial Training Fund New Mode of Payment
2.5 The Require Information for each Student
2.6 Bodies involved
2.7 Functions of bodies involves
SYSTEM METHODOLOGY, ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
3.1 System analysis
3.2 Fact finding methods
3.2.1 Primary sources of data
188.8.131.52 Direct observation
3.3 Secondary sources of data
3.4 Analysis of data
3.5 Current system
3.6 Proposed new system
3.6.1 Proposal for the new system
3.6.2 Objectives of the new system
3.7 Model of the new system
SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION AND PROGRAMMING
4.2 Choice of programming language
4.3 Algorithm / program flow chart
4.4 Systems requirement
4.5 System testing
4.6 Training and re-training of staff
4.7 Changeover procedure
4.8 User manuals
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
Industrial training programme was introduced under the National policy by the federal government in the year 1973/74 and supervised by the National board for technical education (NBTE). It is a training a student undergoes in the field of his/her course of study in other to acquires more knowledge and be more practical.
The students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a skill training program that is designed by the federal government to expose and prepare students of university, Polytechnic and colleges of education for industrial work situation that they might likely meet before or after graduation. Before the establishment of the scheme was a growing concern among our industrialists that graduates of our institutions of higher learning lacked adequate practical background studies preparatory for employment in industries.
The main objective of the program is to bridge the gap between theories and practical by making it possible for students to get themselves exposed to real jobs and actual job situations and environments. It is therefore an important and mandatory component of training in the accredited disciplines or courses like Computer science, Engineering, Geology, and Agricultural Sciences, etc.
BACKGROUND HISTORY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWEERI
In the year 1979, Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri was originated as the Imo State of Nigeria edict.No.16 of 1978 established the institution. It started at the Government Technical College (GTC) along Egbu road Owerri in the same year, with an initial number of 275 students. In October 1980, the institution was moved to its permanent site at Nekede Owerri-west with an intake number of 1350 students. The institution later metamorphosed to Polytechnic Nekede Owerri on the 25th march 1987 by edict No.6 of 1987. on 1st of January 1993, it was later renamed to Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri.
The Federal Polytechnic Act(CAP139) of 1979 regulated the institution. The purpose of the polytechnic as provided for in section 2 are as follows:
After 30 years of existence, the polytechnic has attained the age of maturity like the good and faithful steward, the institution has achieved a lot in the following areas:
- Academic programs
- Growth in staff and student population
- Maintenance culture
- Policy making and headship of the institution.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Since the history of Federal Polytechnic Nekede, which has several faculties and departments, the school has under go several problems, which delay in paying ITF allowances which is be done manually.
We need a set of simple and consistent principles to govern the arrangements for the computerization of projects conducted or completed under the Innovation and Technology Support Programme (ITSP) and General Support Programme (GSP) of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF). This manual system of paying ITF allowances has lead to different problems such as:
- Prone to human error/typographical error
- Unnecessary delay in the payment of students and supervisor allowance
- Difficulties of students in getting placement
- Inadequate supervision
- Non-signing of necessary materials like students’ log book at their places of attachment
- Risk of transporting from students place of attachment down to their various schools for collection of their allowance.
- This research work was embarked upon to achieve certain aims which this study will attempt critically to exhaust the subject of this study.
AIMS/OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aims/objectives of this study is to set and control standards of excellence and effectiveness in and offer direct training of professionals, technicians, technologists and entrepreneurs to meet the human resource needs for rapid industrialization and sustainable economic development of Nigeria, relying on a corp of highly motivated and competent professional staff using best of breed training techniques and modern technology.
The objectives/aims are as follows:
- Provision of an avenue for students in institutions of higher learning to acquire industrial skills and experience in their approved course of study.
- Prepare students for the industrial works situation which they are likely to meet after graduation.
- It expose students to work methods and techniques in handling equipment and machinery not available in their institutions.
- Provide students with an opportunity to apply their knowledge in real work situation thereby bridging the gap between theory and practices.
- Enlists and strengthen employers’ involvement in the entire educational process and prepare students for employment in industry and commerce.
- To provide opportunities for graduated from local universities to acquire research/ industrial experience by participating in research and development (R$ D) projects funded by ITF.
- To stimulate the interest of university graduates in applied research and development activities and help create a larger pool of research talents.
- To further support local universities, research and development centers and private sector companies in undertaking applied research and development activities by funding interns for their ITF projects.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this research work is to provides a reliable and efficient platform for implementing e-payment directly to the account of the approved participating students.
- To ensure adequate funding of the scheme.
- Students taking part in the students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) are aware of the objectives for which it was established primarily on issue of relating theory to practice. They were usually eager to take part in the scheme because it offers the students learning experiences which cannot be directly gained in the class room.
- Establish siwes and accredit siwes unit in the approved institutions.
- Formulate policies and guideline for participating bodies and institutions as well as appointing siwes co-coordinators and supporting staff.
- Thus the evaluation of siwes in tertiary institutions in meeting up with the needs for the establishment of the programme is necessary.
However, this package will be of good use to all students, supervisors and ITF officers and directors because it will saves time when information is be retrieved.
SCOPE OF STUDY
The researcher is concerned with an online industrial training payment system. It cover all the operations of SIWES department of the institution which is the case study. It deals with the ITF e- payment allowances, supervision of students, online filling of log- books.
ORGANIZATION OF STUDY
Chapter two reviews the related literature under the following sub-headings: industrial training fund, the review of the site, online students industrial training fund, industrial training fund(ITF) new mode of payment, etc.
Chapter three handles the system methodology analysis and design as follows: introduction, the user interface, hardware and software requirements, user documentation, system backup, system maintenance, etc.
Chapter four is concerned with the system implementation and programming.
Chapter five comprises of summary, conclusion and recommendation.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
There are some limitations or constraints confronting this study, they are as follows
- TIME: I have a very little time to carry out this research this was the fact that I combine the research work with my academic studies. You can agree with me that time constraints is one of the limitations I experience while carry out this research work.
- FINANCE: however, finance is another constraint I experience while carry out this research. The inadequate of finance to carry out this research slow down the research work. Despite the limitations every effort was geared towards accomplishing this project.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to email@example.com. We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.