Download the complete computer science project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE REGISTRATION PORTAL (A CASE STUDY OF HASSAN USMAN KATSINA POLYTECHNIC) here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE REGISTRATION PORTAL (A CASE STUDY OF HASSAN USMAN KATSINA POLYTECHNIC)
The Project File Details
- Name: DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE REGISTRATION PORTAL (A CASE STUDY OF HASSAN USMAN KATSINA POLYTECHNIC)
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [1307KB]
- Length:  Pages
The Online Registration Portal is a research work designed and implemented to provide the easiest way to replace the existing manual system used for students to register their courses to be offered for each semester as well as entering their personal data. The program has to provide and elucidate a means by which the record of each and every students entity be arranged according to Database system. The system was developed using HTML and PHP in designing the front end, MySQL to create the databases as the back end and phpmyadmin serve as the interface between the front end and the back end to provide the opportunity for storing, editing, adding and deleting data as the case may be. Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic is the case study where all the necessary data were collected in the process of designing the system.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TITLE PAGE …………………………………………………………………………i
Online registration portal is a kind of form requested by the user, where a user can have full interaction with the database, with respect to his/her own record. User can store, retrieve and even modify his record from/in a database in respective of where the user is located, provided he is connected to internet. Online registration portal is among the services that are provided online.
Many organization and other related industries are enjoying this service for some years. While other are now migrated from their manual process in order to go with current information technological system. This research project examine the registration exercise in Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina and come up with online application system that will help the college to conduct its registration (effectively, efficiently and economically worthwhile) online.
The Online Registration Portal provides for students the option to register courses offered by their colleges during the scheduled registration periods. The students can modify their courses selection by adding and/or dropping courses. However, when the registration period is over, all previously registered courses by the students will be viewable in the system (Welback, 2008).
The project was developed using HTML and PHP in designing the front end, MySQL to create the databases as the back end and phpmyadmin serve as the interface between the front end and the back end.
Manual registration exercise faces a number of problems, among which are;
- The need for lot of manpower to manage the registration process (even though the process will not be effective and efficient).
- The growing nature or the increasing number of student admitted every year implies much more requirement of manpower to manage the system and this has cause a lot of difficulties in locating a file that belongs to a particular person.
- There is also a tendency of misplacing or missing a student record. This occurs due to the crowd when submitting the registration document.
- Time and economic are the main factors that shall be taken into consideration when designing any system. Manual registration process does not favour these factors, because each department in the college has to provide their registration document at the beginning of each semester and the unused ones may be wasted after the registration in some cases. In some cases the form would not be ready for the students in time even if the form is ready the students has to join a long queue for them to collect their registration form which takes long time.
Using computer solution online portal as a tool for registration the problems stated above can be addressed. Some problems can be eliminated; some can be reduce to the minimal level.
The research work is aim to analyze the current system and to develop new online system through the following objectives:
- To provide online software that enable student to register with the polytechnic online, irrespective of where the student is located.
- To create a central database that interacts with student during the registration.
- To provide a ready made online registration form.
- Eliminate the tedious work by staff during registration exercise.
- Provide quick search for student’s record
There is some evidence to support the contention that students in general, and school administration (registry office) in particular, are not being well served by the existing manual system of registration.
The failure to develop computerized system is part of an overall problem related to difficulties in locating a file that belongs a particular person, crowd when submitting registration documents etc. In looking at growing nature or the increasing number of students admitted every year, the need for computerized system must be realistically addressed.
The important contribution made by computer in registration process justifies the necessity to make the system more equitable. The above background, therefore, provides the necessary basis and justification for this research study.
The project/research work is strictly focusing attention on finding an easier way of making registration through internet very effective. Thus, the scope of the project cover the registration process in Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic and it limited to student personal information as well as course registration.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.