Download the complete Computer Science project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF STATE CIVIL SERVICE PAYROL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION ENUGU) here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF STATE CIVIL SERVICE PAYROL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION ENUGU)
The Project File Details
- Name: DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF STATE CIVIL SERVICE PAYROL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION ENUGU)
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [144 KB]
- Length:  Pages
Ever since man discovered the computer and hence computer science, attempt has been made to computerize every facet of human life.
This project work express the issue of designing and implementing a state civil payroll acknowledges (speed and accuracy) over the more tedious inefficient and true consuming manual system.
This system encounters the following problems. Late receipt of raw data each month, regular break down of the accounting machine presently used for data processing, irregular power supply, in any errors resulting from the manual methods of data processing and the office caused by bulky files and constant complaints for errors from the workers. Consequently a computerized payroll accounting system when designed to take care of the above problems.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Organisation of the work
Table of content
- Background of the study
- Problems defunction and analysis
- Objectives of study
- Scope of study
- Definition of terms
2.1 Literature Review
- Descriptions and analysis of the existing system
- Methods of fact finding
- The organizational structure
- Objective of the existing system
- Input, process and output analysis
- Information flow diagram
- Problem of the existing system
- Justification for the new system
4.1 Software designed and implementation
- Output specification and design
- Input specification and design
- File Design
- Procedure char
- System requirement
- Program design
- Program flow chart
- User information
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Computer, the versatile data processing machine, has been found very useful in every human endeavour since its incursion into many fields of study, industry, business, sciences and technology in general. Payroll is being prepared by organization, committees, governments and other business firms, it is also part of account department, in my organizational concern. It is used for the preparation of worker’s salary daily, weekly or monthly.
The payroll module, which helps in data processing, processes monthly pays of all the employees in state civil services commission. The module maintains staff loans, advances, tax and other deductions from staff pay. It also performs annual increment on the salary of qualified staff each month. The payroll lists every employee for whom the computer has produced a payroll cheque and shows for each employee what deduction are subtracted from gross earnings to arrive at net pay. This report is reviewed by the manager of the payroll department before the cheques are released for distribution.
- PROBLEM DEFINITION
Over the years, manual method of payroll has been used. This method has its problems. It has been proven to be very ineffective and inefficient. Some of the problems are
- The job of preparing salary payment in annually is tedious causes delay.
- As a result of the problem above, manual methods have a lot of discrepancies and raise doubts in the voucher.
- This method encourage fraud figures are easily manipulated and changed.
- The manual method requires people who are competent in mathematics related computation to do a reliable job. As a result people of such are very scarce.
- OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The study aims at designing a payroll accounting system that will help to eliminate instances, delay and frauds associated with manual calculation of workers salaries and entitlements.
- SCOPE OF STUDY
The study aims at designing and implementing a state civil service commission payroll accounting system Enugu.
In the process of carrying out this research work, some factors tried to hinder the free flow of work. These factors include
- Time: Time factors in the sense that the semester was short and as a result combing this work with studies was tedious.
- Finance: Finances were rather on the lean side and as a result it affected the carrying out the research in that monetary commitment was needed for going to the case study, photocopying document, browsing e.t.c.
- Lukewarm attitude of the staff: The staff of the payroll department were rather hostile and aggressive owing to the fact that the felt of this activity is computerized they might loose their jobs to the computer.
If the designed new system is implemented it may improve and to be a large extend enhanced the activities of processing staff salary payment in state civil commission Enugu office.
The worker will be relived by the tedious tasks facing them in the discharge of their duties. They will have more time to themselves and also increase their standard of work.
- DEFINITIONS OF TERMS
- Computer: Computer is management and business studies (1979), defined a computer as an electronic device that is capable of inputting and outputting, sorting, storing and retrieved of information stored in it.
- Payroll: List of employee and all their wages and salaries including their allowance and deductions.
- Salary: This is usually a monthly payment for regular employment on a yearly basis.
- Shift Allowance: This is the allowance granted to an employee who works on shift basis.
- Arrears: This represents the accumulation of staff entitlement.
- Rent Subsidy: These represent the rent given to an employee for his or her house.
- Flowchart: It is a pictorial representation of information in data processing by means of symbols and interconnecting linking the generations.
- Transport Allowance: This is the allowance given to a staff for his transportation to work.