Download the complete computer science project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled Design and Implementation of State Civil Service Payroll Accounting System (A Case Study Civil Service Commission Enugu) here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON Design and Implementation of State Civil Service Payroll Accounting System
The Project File Details
- Name: Design and Implementation of State Civil Service Payroll Accounting System
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: 195KB
- Length: 41 Pages
Ever since man discovered the computer and hence computer science, attempt has been made to computerize every facet of human life.
This project work expresses the issue of designing and implementing a state civil payroll acknowledges (speed and accuracy) over the more tedious inefficient and true consuming manual system.
This system encounters the following problems. late receipt of raw data each month, regular break down of the accounting machine presently used for data processing, irregular power supply, in any errors resulting from the manual methods of data processing and the office caused by bulky files and constant complaints for errors from the workers. Consequently a computerized payroll accounting system when designed to take care of the above problems. The software is developed using Microsoft visual basic 6.0 programming language and access database.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Organization of the work
Table of content
- STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
- LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
- LITERATURE REVIEW
- DEFINITION OF PAYROLL ACCOUNTING
- PAYROLL ACCOUNTING
- COMPONENT OF PAYROLL SYSTEM
- TRANSACTION PROCESSING SYSTEM
- COMPUTER APPLICATION IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- SYSTEM METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN
- ANALYSIS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
- FEASIBILITY STUDY
- OVERALL CHART DIAGRAM OF THE OLD SYSTEM
- WEAKNESS OF THE PRESENT SYSTEM
- EXPECTATION OF THE NEW SYSTEM
SYSTEM DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION
4.2 HIGH LEVEL OF MODEL
- SYSTEM SPECIFICATION
- DATABASE SPECIFICATION
- PROGRAM FLOWCHART
- OVERALL DATA FLOW DIAGRAM OF PROPOSE SOLUTION
- CHOICE OF JUSTIFICATION OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
- HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SPECIFICATION
- SOFTWARE REQUIREMENT
- HARDWARE REQUIREMENT
- SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION
- CHANGEOVER PROCEDURE
- USER MANUAL
- TRAINING AND RETRAINING OF STAFF
- SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Computer, the versatile data processing machine has been found very useful in every human endeavour since its incursion into many fields of study, industry, business, sciences and technology in general. Payroll is being prepared by organization, committees, governments and other business firms, it is also part of account department, many organization concern. It is used for the preparation of worker’s salary daily, weekly or monthly.
The payroll module which helps in data processing, processes monthly pay of all the employees in state civil service commission. The module maintains staff loans, advances, tax and other deductions from staff pay. It also performs annual increment on the salary of qualified staff each month. The payroll list every employee for whom the computer has produced a payroll chewue and shows for each employee what deductions are subtracted from gross earnings to arrive at net pay. This report is reviewed by the manager of the payroll department before the cheques are released for distribution.
Over the years, manual method of payroll has been used. This method has its problems. It has been proven to be very ineffective and inefficient. Some of the problems are
- The job of preparing salary payment manually is tedious causes delay
- As a result of the problem above, manual method have a lot of discrepancies.
- These methods encourage fraud figures are easily manipulated and changed.
- The manual method requires people who are competent in mathematics related computation to do a reliable job. As a result people of such are very scarce
OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The study aims at designing a payroll accounting system that will help to eliminate mistakes, delay and frauds associated with manual calculation of workers salaries and entitlements
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study aims at designing and implementing a state civil service commission payroll accounting system Enugu
In the process of carrying out this research work, some factors tried to hinder the free flow of work. These factors include
- TIME: Time factors in the sense that the semester was short and as a result combining this work with studies was tedious.
- FINANCE: Finance were rather on the lean side and as a result it affected the carrying out of the research in that monetary commitment was needed for going to the case study, photocopying document, browsing etc.
- LUKWARM ATTITUDE OF THE STAFF: The staff of the payroll department were rather hostile and aggressive owing to the fact that the felt if this activity is computerized they might lose their jobs to the compute
If the designed new system is implemented it may improve and to a large extend enhance the activities of processing staff salary payment in state civil commission Enugu Office
The workers will be relieved by the tedious tasks facing them in the discharging of their duties. They will have more time to themselves and also increase their standard of work
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Some of the terms used in this project work area are as defined below:
PAY REGISTER: This is listing of the wages or salary due to employee for pay period.
PAY PERIOD: This means the number of days or weeks for which employee salaries and wages are usually accumulated.
WAGES: This is the Consideration given to employees who provides their services for an hourly rate.
SALARY: This refers to the remuneration of crewing to the employee work at administrative management or clerical level for monthly or annual pay period.
CROSS PAY: This is the sum total amount of employee pay before deduction.
PAYROLL: Wikipedia defines this as the sum of all financial records of salaries for employees, wages, bonuses and deduction.
NET PAY: This is the final salary amount that will be given to the employee after the deductions.
DEDUCTION: This means withholdings from the gross pay for employee.
PAYROLL TAXES: Taxes generally levied by Government base on the salary for the Nation building.
PAYROLL LEDGER: This is a table that shows the calculation pay of employees and the month in which they earned the pay.
PENSION: According to Wikipedia Online Dictionary, “A regular payment made during a person’s retirement from an investment fund to which that person or their employee has contributed during their working life.”