Download the complete computer science project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB BASED CINEMA SEAT ALLOCATION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – CASE STUDY KADA PLAZA here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB BASED CINEMA SEAT ALLOCATION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – CASE STUDY KADA PLAZA
The Project File Details
- Name:DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB BASED CINEMA SEAT ALLOCATION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – CASE STUDY KADA PLAZA
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [2071KB]
- Length:  Pages
A computer reservation system or central reservation system is a computerized system used to store and retrieve information and conduct transactions related to air travel, hotels, car rental, or activities. These systems typically allow users to book hotel rooms, rental cars, airline tickets as well as activities and tours. They also provide access to railway reservations and bus reservations in some markets, although these are not always integrated with the main system. For these systems to be accessible on mobile phones and computers outside the premises of the airport, cinema, train station or stadiums, they need to be on the internet or a network.
This project focuses on the design and implementation of a web based cinema management system for the allocation of seat tickets online. The system would feature the registration of users, use of serial numbers and pins gotten from scratch cards sold and a printed slip. The system would have a store of all the seats and automate the generation of fresh serial numbers and pins.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A movie theater or movie theatre (also called a cinema, movie house, film house, film theater or picture house) is a venue, usually a building, for viewing movies (films). Most but not all movie theaters are commercial operations catering to the general public, who attend by purchasing a ticket. The movie is projected with a movie projector onto a large projection screen at the front of the auditorium. Most movie theaters are now equipped for digital cinema projection, removing the need to create and transport a physical film print.
Nigerian film industry had always been making films on celluloid and the films were screened in cinema houses across Nigeria and later released on VHS for various homes. However, the release of the Straight-to-video movie Living in Bondage in 1992 by NEK Video Links owned by Kenneth Nnebue launched the Home video market in Nigeria. Nnebue had an excess number of imported video cassettes which he then used to shoot his first film on a Video Camera. Nollywood exploded into a booming industry in the late ’90s and pushed foreign media off the shelves. It is now an industry marketed all over Africa and the rest of the world. Thus the use of cinemas has a long history and reveals the general acceptance of cinema use. But the seat reservation and management of movies needs to be computerized.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
There is a problem of having online access to the booking system of most cinema viewing centers. Tickets may have to be purchased on site and seat booking is not feasible over the internet.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to
- Design and implement a web based cinema management system.
- Test the system online using test data
- Explain the benefits of using computers in information management
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
- It would automate the process of booking for cinema seat space online
- Generation of pins and serial numbers for cinema cards will be present
- Digital format of viewers will be stored
- Movies lists can be accessible over the internet
1.5 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The scope of this work will include the following
- Development of cinema management system to enhance ticket booking and processing online.
- Presentation of flowcharts and database design of system
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This project is limited to the use of scratch cards in accessing the system as online payment processing is expensive to implement.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS/VARIABLES
- Cinema: a place designed for the exhibition of films
- Network – a connection of computer systems using a network media
- System – Computer software designed to carry out a specific task.
- Web based software/system – this refers to a software accessible over a network such as the internet or intranet (Local Area Network)