Download the complete Computer Science project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB BASED JOB RECRUITMENT SYSTEM USING EXPERT SYSTEM here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB BASED JOB RECRUITMENT SYSTEM USING EXPERT SYSTEM
The Project File Details
- Name: DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB BASED JOB RECRUITMENT SYSTEM USING EXPERT SYSTEM
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [469 KB]
- Length:  Pages
This project work is concerned with the design of an Expert System for Job Recruitment. A thorough investigation into the existing job recruitment system was carried out. As a solution to inherent problems in existing ones, a web based solution called Expert System for job recruitment is proffered. Expert System for job recruitment is an interactive computer based decision tool that makes use of knowledge acquired from job recruiting experts to provide directions and recommendations to job applications. in his project system. An expert system for job recruitment is developed capable of giving recommendations and directions to both the applicants and the recruiting officers in the organization based on data obtained from job applicants and rules
integrated into the knowledge b±ase of the expert system. The system is
implemented using Mozilla Firefox as front end,Mysql as middle tier and PHP as back end . The proposed system is well and able to provide best results to job seekers by preventing nepotism, bribery, ethnicity. e.t.c.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Dedication – – – – – – – – – – i
- Background Of Study – – – – – – – 1
- Statement of Problem- – – – – – – 1
- Objectives of the Study – – – – – – – 3
- Scope and Limitations – – – – – – – 3
- Significance of the Study – – – – – – – 4
- Definition of Terms – – – – – – – – 4
- Expert systems – – – – – – – – 6
- Job Recruitment – – – – – – – – 8
- Web Applications – – – – – – – – 11
- Methodology – – – – – – – – 12
- Description and analysis of existing systems of recruitment – 16
- Over view of the New Systems Architecture – – – – 19
SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION
Expert systems are software that uses knowledge base of human expertise for problem solving or to clarify uncertainties where normally one or more human experts would need to be consulted. An expert system operates as an interactive system that responds to questions ask for clarification makes recommendations and generally aids the decision making process.
Human resources refer to the individuals who make up the work force of an organization. The human resources manager seek to maximize return on investment in the organization of human capital by aligning the supply of skilled and qualified individuals through the use of qualified job applicants.
Expert system for job recruitment is a program that uses knowledge from one or more human resources experts to solve recruitment problems in any organization that employs it.
Job recruitment has been a crucial area in human resources that has not been fairly handled especially in Nigerian organizations. The main problem in job recruitment in most organizations is the lack of automated systems like expert systems to aid the identification of the best qualified applicants or job seekers.
The inefficient and biased methods of selection used by the recruiting officers is a problem in job recruitment because they use some unfavorable criteria in their recruitment such as nepotism, favoritism, tribalism, e.t.c
Recruitment exercises are very slow and tedious and sometimes some people that have required qualifications are not patient enough to pull through such exercises.
The problem of traveling from one location to another to attend recruitment exercises is a major problem because people lose their lives in the
S U R F H V V D Q G V R P H D I W H U D W
which has wasted their financial resources.
Some applicants that already have jobs but are qualified will not be able to attend such recruitment exercises that are done traditionally due to their jobs and so the number of qualified applicants is reduced.
In order to avoid all these problems stated above, there is need to develop a web based job recruitment system using expert system to help in the selection of the best possible applicants.
This project designs and implements a web based job recruitment system using expert system automated that is reliable, speedy in its operations, that can maintain accuracy and has no geographical barrier and above all unbiased.
The aim of this project is to design and implement design a web based job recruitment system using expert system.
The objectives of the study are as follows
™To develop an expert system that simulates the thought process of human recruiting officers in the selection of the best job applicants.
™To create speedy and reliable recruitment exercise
™To create a recruiting method that has no geographical barrier
™O provide an environment where only qualifications are the criteria used for recruitment rather than sentiments
™To recruit the best applicants possible due o the expert system being accessible to large number of applicants in different locations.
™To reduce the number of biased recruitment officers employed for the exercise
This study is limited to the fields of Expert System and job recruitment. It examines the architecture and implementation of expert system. It also examines recruitment processes by taking into account job specifications. This project is limited by
- Human expertise.
- Access to the
- $ S S O L F D Q W V D Q G U H F U X L W P H
The main significance of this expert system is its ability to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the decision making process in job recruitment which leads to increase in the quality of products produced by the applicants being employed using this expert system. Also to make recruiting exercise speedy , easy, and reliable.
- Knowledge: this is a theoretical or practical understanding of a
- An Expert: this is a person who has deep understanding in form of facts and rules and a strong practical experience in a particular
- Rules: this is also known as production rules .they are represented as IF- THEN statements and they can express relations, recommendations directions and strategies.
- Expert system: this is a computer program capable of performing a t human expert level in a narrow problem
- Knowledge base: this consists of problem solving rules ,procedures and intrinsic data relevant to the problem
- Working memory: this refers to task specific data for the problem under consideration e.g. job
- Inference engine: this is a generic control mechanism that applies the axiomatic knowledge in the knowledge base to the task specific data to arrive at some solution or conclusion.
- Forward chaining: this is the inference technique that involves the condition part being true for the action part to be true .it is also referred to as data driven reasoning.
- Backward chaining: this referred to as a goal driven
- recruitment is the process of attracting and employing job applicants
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.