Download the complete Computer science topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB BASED VETERINARY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB BASED VETERINARY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The Project File Details
- Name: DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB BASED VETERINARY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [922KB]
- Length:  Pages
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Approval Page iii
Table of contents vii
List of Figures ix
List of Tables x
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
- Background of the study 1
- Statement of the problem 1
- Objective of the study 2
- Significance of the study 3
CHAPTER TWO: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.0 Introduction 4
2.1 Theoretical Background 4
2.2 Review of Related Literature 6
2.3 Summary 10
CHAPTER THREE: SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
- Introduction 11
- Analysis of Existing System 13
- Design of the Proposed System 14
- Input Design 17
- Output Design 18
- System Architecture 19
- Database Design 19
CHAPTER FOUR: SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION
4.0 Introduction 21
4.1 Choice of Programming Environment 21
4.2 Implementation Architecture 23
4.3 Software Testing 25
4.4 Documentation 28
4.4.1 User Manual 28
4.4.2 Source Code listing 29
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATION
5.1 Summary 30
5.2 Conclusion 30
5.1 Recommendation 30
List of Figures
Fig 1: Structured System analysis and Design Methodology 12
Fig 2: Design of the proposed system using UML Use Case diagram 14
Fig 3: Input Design 18
Fig 4: Output Design 18
Fig 5: Staff Platform Implementation Architecture 23
Fig 6: Doctor’s Platform Implementation Architecture 23
Fig 7: Admin Platform Implementation Architecture 24
Fig 8: Screenshot of the Homepage 25
Fig 9: Screenshot of the Login Page 26
Fig 10: Screenshot showing registered patients 27
Fig 11: Screenshot of Form for entering new Visit 27
Fig 12: Screenshot of Confirmation of added Visit 28
List of Tables
Table 1: Database design for Patient Registration (Sample Database Design) 19
1.0 BACK GROUND OF THE STUDY
Veterinary medicine is a branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease, disorder and injury in non-human animals. As a branch of medicine, it is necessary for the doctors to take active part in ensuring that the patients are well taken care-of and well followed up with respect to illnesses, diagnosis and the prescription of drugs. To do this, they often need an efficient management system in their clinics or hospitals that would keep track of the daily visits and returning visits of patients and the progress made in the treatment of the illnesses. This project aims at building an efficient, flexible, versatile web-based intranet for the patient management of veterinary hospitals and clinics.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In most hospitals, it is often ambiguous, time consuming and exhausting with respect to the issue of patient management and follow-up. This is due to the following issues;
- Loss of patient data: Patient data is sometimes kept in physical storage file which get worn-out over a long period of time and get prone to wear and tear. Also, there is the issue of document losses which occur per
- Time Cost: Most hospitals receive more than 200 patients daily. And each patient has a file dedicated to him / her. Having to write to these physical files everyday can be time consuming. Also, in a case where the patient re-visits, sorting out files is often a time consuming fact and also energy draining.
- Space: Physical files need physical space for storage, this physical storage space is often not available and often limited. As a result, there is often the need to create a complete apartment for the storage of these files, which, in the long run, is often not enough.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to achieve the following;
- An efficient, light and portable means of storing patient data in veterinary hospitals.
- An efficient method of communication between the various divisions in a hospital with respect to the treatment and transfer of patients from one department to another.
- To reduce the time cost of processing data. With a database management facility, the issues of sorting, searching and traversing manually comes to an abrupt end. Database management systems have very fast means of searching for data using keywords and identity keys. Such of which is not possible with manual technology.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
This project is significant in the sense that it revolutionizes the patient management systems in veterinary hospitals, it will make communication faster and much easier, it will make data processing much more efficient and less prone to errors, it will allow one to treat each patient as a separate entity instead of being a part. If efficient, it could also be used in human hospital management systems as well as other areas where personnel data and activity management is involved; places like schools, industries, offices etc.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.