Download the complete [computer science] project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DEVELOPMENT OF A WEB-BASED CAMPUS HELPDESK here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DEVELOPMENT OF A WEB-BASED CAMPUS HELPDESK
The Project File Details
- Name: DEVELOPMENT OF A WEB-BASED CAMPUS HELPDESK
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: 1 MB
- Length: 58 Pages
web-based campus helpdesk that allows students and staff to perform activities such as submitting a request, viewing a list of request made and checking the status of his/her request, the administrator has to perform tasks such as checking the request from the student and authorizing them that is taking necessary actions on them, the administrator furthermore, has the option to send a proper notification via email to the student with solution to their requests. The methodology for this project is SSADM (Structural system analysis and design methodology) and the programming language used for the project is SQL (Structured Query Language) was used for the database, programming language HTML (Hyper-text Mark-up Language), PHP (Hypertext Pre-processor), CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
TABLE OF CONTENT
Title page i
Certification page ii
Approval page iii
Table of contents vii
List of figures viii
List of table iv
Chapter 1: introduction
1.0 background of study 1
1.1statement of problem 2
1.2 objective 2
1.3 significance of the project 3
Chapter 2: literatue review
2.0 introductio 4
2.1 theoretical background 4
2.2 review of related literature 5
Chapter 3 system analysis and design
3.0 introduction 17
3.1 describe the existing system 18
3.2 analysis of the proposed system 19
3.3 design of the proposed system 23
Chapter 4 system implementation
4.0 introduction 32
4.1 choice of development environment 32
4.2 implementation architecture 33
4.3 software testing 34
4.4 documentation 39
4.4.1 user manual 39
4.4.2 source code listing 40
Chapter 5: summary and conclusion
5.0 summary 41
5.1 conclusion 41
5.2 recommendations 43
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig 3.0 The waterfall model –adapter from hughes and cotterell 16
Fig 3.3.1 Use-case diagram of student 18
Fig 3.3.2 use-case diagram of facility head 19
Fig 3.3.3 use-case diagram of administrator 20
Fig 3.3.4 Architecture of an online campus helpdesk system 26
Fig 4.2.0 Block diagram showing the system architecture of the new system 33
Fig4.2.1 Screenshot showing debugging of the login page 34
Fig 4.2.2 screenshot showing debugging of menu item 35
Fig 4.2.3 screenshot showing database of the update record tab 35
Fig 4.2.4 screenshot of user page with selected Department 36
Fig 4.2.5 screenshot of Requests Page 37
Fig 4.2.6 screenshot of All Requests page in admin section 37
Fig 4.2.7 screenshot of login page with valid login details 38
Fig 4.2.8 screenshot of login page with invalid login details 38
LIST OF TABLES
Table 3.1 table showing the fields in user table of database 24
Table 3.2 table showing the fields in student table of database 25
Table 3.3 table showing the fields in staff table of database 26
Table 3.4 table showing the fields in call table of database 27
Table 3.1 table showing the fields in knowledge base table of database 28
Customer care is a crucial element of business success. Every time you have contact with your customers you have an opportunity to improve your reputation with them and increase the likelihood of further sales, the same goes for the online campus helpdesk. From your telephone manner to the efficiency of your order-fulfilment systems, almost every aspect of your business affects the way your customers (students) view your business.
This guide outlines what student customer care involves. It explains how you can use customer contact, feedback and loyalty schemes to cater for the needs of other students. It also covers how to prepare for receiving a student complaint. Online Campus Helpdesk supports different types of users:
- Students: These are the users who will request for the different facilities of the campus.
- Departments: These are the users who will receive the requests and try to resolve them.
- Administrator: The Administrator will be able to add more students and facility heads to the system.
Online Campus Helpdesk is a web application aimed at providing different services of the college to the students for which they normally have to wait too long. Online Campus Helpdesk will allow students to easily request for different services via this online portal.
At present the current system works manually. It provides the information in written or oral form within the campus. Individual has to spare his time and energy in order to obtain even the basic information regarding the campus. Apart from this there can be a long and tedious procedure in order to have a solution regarding any particular query.
- The difficulties people face in transferring information/data.
- Sensitive/confidential nature of students’ information.
- Time wasted in manual processing of students’ information.
The Aim of the project are;
- Students and staff can perform activities such as submitting a request, viewing a list of requests made and checking the status of his/her request.
- The administrator has to perform tasks such as checking the requests from the students and authorizing them i.e. taking necessary actions on them.
- The administrator furthermore, has the option to send a proper notification via email to the students with solutions to their requests.
- Students and staff will also be able to access possible solutions to or information about their complaints/problems from the knowledgebase that would be incorporated into the project.
The significance of this project is listed below:
- To develop, promote, and provide adequate and efficiently Online Campus Help Desk.
- To maintain an efficient system of collection, sorting and delivery of students information.
- To demonstrate increased motivation to the Godfrey Okoye University staff.
- To eliminate the error involved with the manual method of checking students’ information.
- To save the time wasted with manual method of checking students’ information.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.