Download the complete computer science project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DEVELOPMENT OF WEB BASED JOB RECRUITMENT PORTAL (A case study of mubat feed mill, Lusada) here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DEVELOPMENT OF WEB BASED JOB RECRUITMENT PORTAL (A case study of mubat feed mill, Lusada )
The Project File Details
- Name: DEVELOPMENT OF WEB BASED JOB RECRUITMENT PORTAL (A case study of mubat feed mill, Lusada )
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [713KB]
- Length:  Pages
The main objective of this system is to help the HR Personnel help in the process of recruiting new candidates to the company. This web based corporate recruitment process system will primarily focus on the posting and management of job vacancies. When the Job Provider post job openings in this system the WRMS will search the total system and select the all job seekers Mail Id’s, their qualifications and match with the requirement of the organization.
The job seeker has to register to the system and upload his resume. He can search for the jobs, modify his profile. This will provide service to the potential job applicants to search for working opportunities and if they choose they may be able to make an application online. This system helps the job seekers to know the number of available vacancies for the particular post applied for. He can also know whether the position for which he is applying is still vacant or not.
The administrator can view the jobs, queries, add or delete the job vacancy, and also can add or delete employees to the system. The interviewer can login to the system and check the list of candidates attending for the interview on a particular date. The HR Manager can add new jobs, modify the requirements for the existing vacancies, and delete the posts that are already filled. The job provider can add or delete questions to the online test. The HR Manager has to register with the system. He can login to the system with his unique id and password. After login he can change his password.
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
On-line activities have in recent past replaced virtually every form of transactions. This is because of the advent of the internet, which provides a global network connection for all such activities. With this technology, many institutions have their tentacles spread across the global. In line with this trend, job search activities and job providers need to join the band wagon of the global community in shearing their information across the internet. The Project work is based on this notion.
A web portal, also known as a links page, presents information from diverse sources in a unified way. Apart from the standard search engine feature, web portals offer other services such as e-mail, news, stock prices, information, databases and entertainment. Portals provide a way for enterprises to provide a consistent look and feel with access control and procedures for multiple applications and databases, which otherwise would have been different entities altogether.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The main sole of this Web-based Recruitment is to gathering information which will be needed immediately or tor future use in the processing of further task. Design and Implementation of a recruitment portal for the company is geared towards the full management of these information through the development of an interactive, well designed environment for data collection, save-keeping and well-structured methods of implementation to give adequate output.
- AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This project work is aimed at reducing the loss of candidate information due to any circumstance like fire burning the store that the file of candidates are kept or misplace the file and with this process, the recruitment portal, the file or the information of the candidate will be security on saved or kept information and if this task is done.
The main objective of this system is to make easy the recruitment process of any organization. This system enables the organizations to recruit the candidates, who have qualified to the required criteria. Without delay send the mails to all jobseekers, whose skills are matched to the requirement of job provider. Another aim is that reduce the communication gap between the Job Seeker and Job Provider. The main target of this system is to be reliable to the all the jobseekers while searching the jobs.
The practical objective of this work is to design and implement an online recruitment portal. One of the most important objectives of this project is to contribute to academic research work while the subsidiary objectives include;
- To help employers to post their job offers online and search their database to find people who best suit their vacant job positions.
- Providing the possibility for job seekers to build their curriculum vitae (CVs) online, look for new job opportunities in industries and organizations, get e-mail notifications of interesting job vacancies and apply directly through the website.
- To help organizations attract, test, recruit, employ and retain quality staff with minimal amount of administration.
- To reduce or totally remove IM that goes amongst the recruitment agents or personnel managers.
- WRMS is a tool to reduce communication between Job providers and Job Seekers.
- Globally there are a lot of changes in IT markets; they are appearing different trends in the market. Based on that, this is the best tool to recruit the people.
- The process can be done very easily by WRMS.
- WRMS is the best time saving tool to the both the parties Job Provider and Job Seeker.
- WRMS is also a cost effective system, like conducting test are on-line and sending the notification through mails.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
If this prototype is fully developed will be very useful in many areas such as:
- It will ease the work of the personnel department of the any organization.
- It will create more employment opportunities for our youths.
- The government can also review and deploy it to other sectors.
- Private individuals can also find it interesting
- PROJECT METHODOLOGY
This project will go as far as deploying web technologies in the implementation. Dreamweaver will be use as the major development tool PHP. Database connection using MySQL will extensively be covered in this work.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The current system is a manual process. Here Job Provider has to give advertisement in Newspapers or take the help of consultancies etc. It will take a lot of time to screening the resumes and conducting the test. Here they have to do a lot of paper work to complete the process. There will be a huge time gap between the resume screening, test and interview. This is the main difficulty that has to be faced by the Job Provider and Job Seeker.
In Job provider side work will be delayed and Job Seeker side he has to be idle till the final result is announced. He has to spend more money compare to online recruitment.
- This system is designed by keeping in mind three persons Job seeker, Interviewer and HR manager.
- System allows Job seekers to register their details like experience and specific skills with the system and then on the other hand it allows Job Providers to post their requirements with the system
- The WRMS will automatically send mails to all Job Seekers; their technical qualification is matched with the requirement.
- Conducting the online test for screened candidates, Sending emails notification to all Job Seekers and also offering the facility to view results.
- Interviewer has option to view his mailbox and find out the mails with their resumes and screens the resumes, sent the final list to HR manager.
- Interviewer sends the mail to the Job seeker with information of conducting online test with a date and time.
- Job seeker has a facilities to search and view jobs, view his personal inbox, if he is a new user he can post his resume and can change his details.
- HR manager main duty is that he will go through the queries and will give the answers to queries.
- HR manager regularly check the Job Providers details and also he will introduce the new Job Provider with the system.
- WRMS send the regular mails to the Job seeker with a details of openings.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study was limited by several factors, of which some posed serious constraints towards the development of the project. One of the major drawbacks was due to financial incapacitation. This is among other frustrations such as program failures during modular construction stages.
In ability to procure personal internet access for uploading made it difficult for the deployment at testing stag. Again was the distance and availability of research materials. It was absolutely difficult to source most of the important information needed for this work. For instance, collection of information that helped me to develop the forms and database was another serous issue.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
RECRUITMENT: This refers to the process of attracting, screening and selecting qualified people for a job at an organization or firm.
WEB: This refers to a vehicle for accessing and sharing of information.
INTERNET: The internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard of internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to serve to various users world wide
DESIGN: A task that produced before making a task
INFORMATION: It is a processed data. The act of informing or imparting knowledge and notification.
DATABASE: These are the collection of data in a table. It is a systematically arranged collection of computer data, structured so that it can be automatically retrieved or manipulated.
EMPLOYEE: He or she (Candidate) is an individual who is subject to the control and direction of the organization
PAY STRUCTURE: This is the arrangement or formula in which the candidate should follow to pay for obtaining form
SECURITY: An organization or department responsible for providing security by enforcing laws, rules and regulation as well as maintaining order
APPLICANT: One who applies for something who makes a request; a petitioner
EXAMINATION: A formal test including answering written or oral question with no or limited access to text books or the like
SERVER: A computer or program managing access to a resource or service in a network.
PORTAL: A web application that is designed to represent a ton of information in a concise and centered way thereby making the internet easier to use eg. Yahoo.com, Netscape.com, etc.
ONTOLOGY: Ontology in computer science and information technology is a formal representation of the knowledge by a set of concepts within a domain and the relationship between those concepts.
METADATA: This is loosely defined as data about data. It is a concept that applies mainly to electronically archived data and is used to describe the definition, structure and administration of data file with all contents in context to ease the use of the captured and archived data for further use.
SQL: Structured Query Language is a database computer language designed for managing data in relational database management system (RDBMS) and originally based upon relational algebra. It scope include data query and update, schema creation and modification, and data access control.