Download the complete Business administration project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled EFFECT OF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCESS ON LABOUR TURNOVER. here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON EFFECT OF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCESS ON LABOUR TURNOVER.
The Project File Details
- Name: EFFECT OF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCESS ON LABOUR TURNOVER.
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [69KB]
- Length:  Pages
Human resources and organization are like two sides of coin. For organization to exist, it requires human effort to carry-out the activities for achieving the purpose of such organization. Again how this organization select and recruits, employees who are competent without bias mind was seen as part of the researcher’s reasons for carrying out the study. Recruitment according to Udeze J.O.(2000) quoted from Flippo Munsiger (1978) defines or sees recruitment as the process of searching for perspective employees and stimulating them to apply for jobs. While selection is aimed at selecting the best from the tools of qualified applicant to a job opening unquoted. This means that selection brings to an end, the function of category of procurement. This study was aimed at understanding the problem of selection process on labour turn-over in Nestle Nigeria Plc. And also to a certain the extent to which the company ownership structure with its attendant bureaucratic tape in the company and how to alleviate them. The researcher identifies means by which selection process can be improved and also proffer solution and recommendation.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Objectives of the study
1.4 Research Questions
1.5 Research Hypothesis
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Significance of the study
1.8 Definition of the term used
- Conceptual Framework
- Criteria for selection
- Selection process
- Employee Turnover
- Types of Employee Turnover
- Application form
- The nature and objectives of selection interview
- Conducting the Interview
2.4.3 Psychological test
- Coefficient of correlation
- Theoretical Framework
- Empirical Framework
- Research Design
- Population for the study
- Sample size determination
- Source of data
- Collection of data
- Data analysis technique
PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
- Tabular presentation descriptive analysis and introduction of data
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Every organization has human resources as part of its resources. The organization cannot function without people working together and whenever people work together, the personnel management function must be performed and executed. Other resources may include physical, financial and informational. However, the most vital among all these resources seems to be the human element.
The human resources are the concern of personnel management. Personnel management deals with the bringing of a person into an organization, his behavior in the work situation, his interests and relation-ship both with his fellow workers and the organization. It is the series of management activities, which procures personnel for the organization to achieve effective’s performance towards organizational growth.
Therefore this human element does not just come, they are recruited based on qualification. Recruitment is an of the process of staffing in an organization. It is also concerned with developing a pool of job candidate in line with the human resources plan. In this case, candidates are usually located through newspapers and professional journal advertisements, employment agencies and visits campus. It comes immediately after human resources planning. Recruitment Seen as that process of assessing a job, announcing the vacancy, arousing interest and stimulating people to apply In recruitment, there is general one is the most appropriate for operative employees, which takes place if the organization needs a group of workers of a certain type, example is typists or sales people. Another one is specialized recruiting, which is used mainly for executives or specialists, occurs when the organization desires s particular. In this, candidates receive individual attention over an extended period of time. The process of recruitment must be centered in one place and in the hands of one person or group. Only in this way can there be a sufficient concentration of exercise, knowledge and record to provide the possibility of efficiency in service both to applicants and to the organization.
While selection is the process that leads the firm to choose from a list of applicant. The person or persons who will match the selection criteria or the vacant post with consideration of current environmental conditions is given the job. Application forms, resumes, interviews and reference checks are commonly used selection goals.
The application form serves three purposes in selection. They are:-
- Show that the applicant desires a position.
- Provides the interviewer with the basic information needed to conduct the interview.
- It becomes part of the organization’s information if hired.
Selection process is a matter of satisfying a company’s present needs. It is an activity which influences the shape of a company’s future health and its cumulative results predetermine the future health of the enterprise. Selection process especially at high level is no longer a question of trying to fill a closely defined slot but, as Plumbley (1976: 38) matching process between the capacities and inclination of the candidates and the demands inherent in a given job or career pattern.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Selection and recruitment is a step in management development, which help fundamentally to find and attract potential employees who it successful, eventually fill vacant positions.
In management, professionalism developed states of selection and recruitment when employed in conjunction with other tools of personnel assessment, as well as complimenting input of sound job design programmed may significantly facilitate the development and maintenance of efficient work force and indeed, the utilization and conservation of human resources.
In fact, in a firm’s working life, abundant evidence clearly prove that these tests, all thing being equal are creditable predictors of employee’s job performance.
However, the Nigerian societal immorality and political influences have created discrepancies in selection procedures through such vices as favoritism, tribalism and nepotism.
These are problems arising from vague description of job by these personnel management. Because of these problems, the needs for a close up examination of the whole selection process on labor turn-over in Nestle Nigerian Plc.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
Objectives of this research work are as follow:
- To examine the impact of recruitment process on labour turnover
- To investigate the impact of selection process on organizational productivity
- To make a reference point on the problems associated with recruitment and selection process for future uses
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study did utilize the following research questions:
- Does recruitment process has any impact on labour turnover?
- Does selection process has any significance impact on organizational productivity?
- What are the likely problems facing by the organization as regard to selection process?
1.5 RESEARCH OF HYPOTHESES
The following hypotheses were also formulated to guide this survey.
H0: There is no relationship between selection process and labor turnover.
H1: There is relationship between selection process and labor turnover.
H0: There is no significance relationship between selection process and organizational productivity
H1: There is significance relationship between selection process and organizational productivity
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
For the purpose of this study, the researchers have chosen one multi- national company in Ogun state; the Nestle Nigerian Plc. The data collected from the public Relation Officer (PRO) in this company written above by the researcher will be used to make a generalized statement of what is obtainable in selection process on labor turn- over and productivity of employees. The researcher will also use the findings you draw conclusion on how best managers should handle some factors affecting selection process on labor turn-over in the company.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
- To know the causes of labor turnover in Soft drink bottling Companies in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of basic factors responsible for labor turnover will help to reduce turnover rate and create savings in hiring and training cost.
- To know how competitive organizations respond to labor turnover.
- To monitor and determine variables that influence turnover and manage turnover behavior.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS USED
- SELECTION: The action or fact of carefully choosing someone or something as being the best or most suitable.
- LABOUR: A set of employees.
- TURNOVER: This is the rate at which employees leave a workforce and are replaced.
- BEHAVIOUR: This is the way in which employees respond to specific circumstances or situations in the workplace.
- ORGANIZATION: This is to understand why employees join, why they stay and why they leave an organization.
- EMPLOYEE: An employee is someone who has agreed to be employed, under a contrast of service, to work for some form of payment
- PROCESS: A process is a set of interrelated activities that interact to achieve a result.
- PRODUCTIVITY: Productivity is an average measure of the efficiency of production. It can be expressed as the ratio of output to input. it is also the state or quality of being productive.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.