The Project File Details
- Name: IMPACT OF COMPUTER APPLICATION IN MODERN DAY BANKING SYSTEM IN NIGERIA
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [155 KB]
- Length:  Pages
This survey carried out in order to access the attitudes and order to know of actually computer applications can be said to have achieved its objectives.
Mention was made about the meaning, impact nature as well as the purpose of computer application activities on consumer’s patronage and the statement of the hypothesis. Literature review was carried out in which various relevant terms were defined. More over computer application activities it was extensively discussed.
The research methodology carried out was together with some facts useful for the conduct of the study in this research questionnaire was used.
The data collected through the research will be also used or analyzed in addition with their interpretations.
Finally, certain conclusions will be drawn and useful recommendation will also be given to the company’s industries as a means of increasing its banking system volume and achieving other objectives desire.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the study
1.2 Statement of problems of the study
1.3 Aims and objectives of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Scope of the study
1.6 Limitations to the study
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Definition of computer
2.2 Classification of computer
2.3 What is banking?
2.4 Roles and functions of banks in Nigeria
2.5 Modern day banking and computer system
2.6 Advantages and disadvantages of computer to modern banking
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.1 The research population
3.2 Source of data collection
3.3 Method of data analysis
3.4 Limitation of the study
CHAPTER FOUR: DATA PRESENTATION, SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
4.1 Data presentation and analysis
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The banking industry constitutes one of the pillars in which the economy of any nation rests. The computer has massive effect. On the nature, quality and structure of works almost everywhere there by becoming largely responsible for the emergency of the modern post industrial societies. Proper application of the computer is a major technical factor affecting organization efficiency and culture worldwide.
In the past decades, the introduction of workstation and powerful networking devices have put computer on the desk of offices. It has continues to play a central role in the operation of many corporations while other forms of computing are used in business in various capacities, the largest place in the e-banking environment such as banking health care government, insurance e.t.c.
The results of the use of computer union bank in banking sector include:
- E-banking:- Electronic banking also use electronic technology as a substitute for cheque and other paper transactions.
- ATM:- Automatic teller machine- these are electronic terminal that permit banking transaction almost any time. To withdraw cash, make deposits or transfer fund, between accounts, the user generally insert the ATM card, enter the personal identification number (PIN).
The use of the ATM is increasing over the years.
- Direct deposit:- it permit the user to authorize specific deposits, such as pay cheques and social security cheques, to the account on regular basic.
- PC- banking:- personal computer banking permit customer to handle may banking transaction via- the pc. The customer may use the computer to view the account balance request, transfer between accounts and pay bills electronically.
- Point of sale transfer:- this allows the user to pay for purchase with a debit card, which also may be the ATM card.
- Paying bills on:- line: this is a process whereby remote terminal is linked directly in to the processor.
The following are steps involves with setting yup an on-line paying program.
- First the user must decide if bills are going to be paid through the bank (assuming the banks offer the service) or through a third party vendor.
- Check out the on-line banking fees to help the user make the decision.
- Once the user have set up the account with the bill paying service provider, the user will have to input the address, homes and phone numbers of the payees, as well as the number for each of the accounts.
- Many banks offer lower checking accounts to customer who refers to bank ATM, phone or computer and every few charges on individual account access.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM OF THE STUDY.
Bank and other financial institution to the channeling of funds from areas of surplus to area of deficit and there by ensure that no sector of the economy is neglected.
This is to assess the physical condition of the various facilities provided in the study area.
To examine strategies of the impact of computer application in modern day banking system in the study area ,this brings to tight the problem inherit(when the banking industry was without computer application) in the fact that a quality, a banking services that do not meet the expectation of customers dissatisfy them. Nwankwo G.O. in this book writes banking is a dynamic service industry which changes with and adopts to the changing requirement of the economy with its services.
For these transactions, computer can be employed in maintaining the records.
However, many people were still in debt whether the introduction of computer to the banking system could have many relative advantages the question thus is, what are those relative virtues of the computer over the manual system.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY.
To examine the challenges due to the impact of computer application in modern day banking system with the view to improve upon computer application practices.
- To assess the physical condition of the various facilities provided in the study.
- To identify problems confronting the management of the property.
- To examine strategies of the computer application in the study area.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Most especially, this research project is not being carried out to bring out any significance; it may have with most especially, this research project is not being carried out tom bring out any significance, if may have with any other work already done in this area but mostly importantly, it is aimed at bringing out into focus, the challenges of the impact of computer application in union bank along saw mill odo okun, Ilorin.
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
There is always a limited scope in any research work. The scope of this research is therefore on impact of computer application using union bank along saw mill odo okun, Ilorin as a case study.
- LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Time constraint and finance were major limitation time constraint on the part of I writers of this project because I lacked adequate time to carry out necessary things and gathering all information needed.
Financial also barrier on the side of I writers of this project. Furthermore, the response of the respondents to the questions asked is not guaranteed, some may respond and respond correctly while others may not respond or even respond incorrectly.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to email@example.com. We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.