The Project File Details
- Name: LIQUIDITY AND PROFITABILITY MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA COMMERCIAL BANK
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [133 KB]
- Length:  Pages
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
- Statement of the study
- Objective of the study
- Significance of the study
- Limitation of the study
- Definition of terms
- Plan of the study
- Literature review
- Liquid management and asset management
- Liquid measurement
- Profitability VS Liquidity
- Determinant of liquidity needs
- Historical background of the case study
- Factors influencing the profitability of commercial bank
- Treasury management in a commercial banks
- Essence and impact of treasury management
- Research methodology
- Population of study
- Sampling technique
- Method of data collection
- Data presentation and analysis
- Data presentation
- Data Analysis
- Test of hypothesis
- Interpretation of results
- Summary, conclusion and recommendation
A commercial bank is an economic unit whose main goals is to maximize profit.
Every bank attempts to structure it’s assets and liabilities in such a manner as to yield the highest return subject to some constraints. when customers deposit money with a bank, they are lending fund to the bank for a specific or indefinite period depending on the constract signed with the bank.
The customer can withdrw funds at short notice or without notice depending on the type of deposit account being operated. Banks however know from experience that an average depositor will demand a small proportion of the fund deposite by them at anytime.
The bulk of the profit made by the bank arises from simple transaction i.e. the difference between the cost of funds deposited by customers and the changes the cost of fund deposited by customers and the charges on loan to customers. Generally, depositors are paid lower rate of interest when compared with rate charged on loans, in addition, banks also invest their surplus funds in short, medium and long term securities. What makes the task of asset selection difficult is the need to balance profitability liquidity and risks.
Though, in developed countries banks have several years successfully applied management science techniques to asset and liability management.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
What is the factor influencing organizational policy in Nigeria banks?
How can organizational policy be achieved in Nigerian Banks?
What is the cause of communication gap between staff and management of Nigeria banks?
What are factors that affects level of profit in Nigeria banks?
Why do bank management usually report to retrenchments?
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
Because of the great importance of the subject matter (profitability and liquidity management) to the efficiency, continuity and the evolution of commercial bank, the following are the objective of the study;
- To improve the management of the commercial banks, the essence of the profitability and the liquidity management.
- Evaluating the extent of which, profitability and liquidity affects other element of the bank management.
- To give way for more analysis by future study of the subject matter.
- To evaluate the existing theories with comtemporary liquidity management.
1.3 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The design of this research work has been made in a form to convey some educative and information messages to all and sundry most especially;
- The management of commercial bank: It would be very useful to the management of commercial bank in ensuring an effective profitability and liquidity management.
- Student: It would be useful to existing knowledge in the higher institution of learning in the country.
- It will also be useful to proprietors of other business for the efficient operation of liquidity and profitability management.
1.4 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The topic of this project will not exceed main liquidity and profitability management in a commercial bank realize profit and how they manage it.
Liquidity and profibility management in a commercial bank being a wide and very complex topic itself makes it very difficult to go for beyond a particular establishment and this why I will be very advisable to limit the scope of this research work to the union bank Nigeria plc.
The general limitation is the time factor, considering the inherent difficult involved in co-ordinating research of this nature with other academic work.
1.5 DEFINATION OF TERM
The terms used frequently in this research work are:
- Commercial bank: A commercial bank is an economic unit whose main goal is to maximize profit.
- Management: Management is the act of managing.
- Fund: Fund can be defined as a large stock or a financial resources.
- Ratio: This is a mathematic expression that shows the relationship between two amounts, showing the number of times one value contains the other.
- Liquidity: Liquidity is the availability of liquid assets to a market or a company i.e. the rate of which cash is available to a market or company.
- Profitability: Profitability is the act of making profit.
- Treasury bill: Is a short medium of instrument for government to issue capital to meet economic need.
- Asset: is like property owned by a person for a business purpose or investment.
1.6 PLAN OF THE STUDY
This research work consist of five chapters
Chapter one of this research work is made up of the introduction, the statement of the study, the objective of the study, the significance of the study, the limitation of the study, the definition of terms and the plan of the study.
Chapter two of this research work is the literature review.
Chapter three of this research work also includes research methodology.
Chapter four consist five of this research work includes summary, conclusion and recommendation.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.