Download the complete Computer Science project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION POST OFFICE MAIL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION POST OFFICE MAIL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
The Project File Details
- Name: DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION POST OFFICE MAIL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [116 KB]
- Length:  Pages
1.3 Background of the study
The practice of communication by written documents carried by an intermediary from one person or place to another almost certainly dates back nearly to the invention of writing.
Generally, the post office boxes are rented from the post office either by individuals or by business on a basis ranging from monthly to annual and the cost of rent varies depending on the box size. Central Business District (CBD) P O Boxes are usually more expensive than a rural P O Box.
In Nigeria, the rental rate used to be uniform across the country; however a postal facility can be in any of seven fee groups by location in addition, certain customers qualify for fee box rental. In Enugu State here, mail P O Box are often little more than pigeon- holes in the secure section of a sorting office and are only accessible by staff, in such cases, the renter of the P O Box will be issued with a card showing the P O Box number and delivery office name and must produce this to the desk staff when collecting mail and an additional fee, the Enugu post office mail distributor center will deliver received items to the renter‟s geographical address. Some private companies e.g United Parcel Services (UPS) and commercial mail receiving agencies also offer similar services of renting a mail box in a public location but the difference with an official P O Box is that mail sent there is addressed to a street address (along with the box number), instead of just addressed to
“P O Box ***”
1.4 Statement of the problem
Presently a standard way on how both new and redundant mail in Enugu state post office can be sorted out. The information provided is only for local users
and not in a timely manner, the existing system presently is all in hardcopy format and therefore retrieval of information is hard and costly. Post office mail distribution system in Enugu has been rendering services to the people of the state and it has a large customer base who keeps record. It seeks to answer the following problems;
- How they sort out mails/ messages
- How they find out new addresses
- Any special ways or means of identifying unknown addresses
- Problems they encounter in locating new streets/
- How they want or feel their services can be improved?
- Redundant mails and effort in finding their owner incases of changed address t.c
1.5 Objective of the study
The objective of the project is basically to do the following;-
- Contribute to economic development of our nation Nigeria by contributing to service delivery in one of the major sectors of the economy critical to economic development (Postal service).
- Carryout research on the current system(s) used by the Post office for their distribution of mails/parcel and thus review areas that require improvement.
- Make postage payment easy and convenient thus, reduce the constant queuing in the post
- Ensure accurate means of sorting out new mails/letters when they arrive
- Identifying new postal addresses
- Remove of mails/letters from the boxes
- Distribution of new removered mails/ messages to various owners or addresses
- Making sure that every letters/mails are being delivered at the right time to ensure that people get their information when necessary and not when the message/mail will no longer make sense (in cases of admission letters, job vacations, health issues, promotion t.c)
This project stands to improve the distribution of mails/ letters positively and try to avoid redundant of mails/ letters e.t.c.
1.6 Purpose of the study
The purpose of the study is to manage how mails or letters can be distributed to every human or individual whose message/letter gets to the post office with or without having knowledge about such letters or mails without necessarily encountering much problem on how to distribute new letters within a short period of time so people‟s taste about their message/ letters can be quench of satisfy.
1.7 Significance of the study
The significance of this study/ project is that it will provide the organisation/ office with an opportunity to introduce new technology on how to distribute letter or mail in a better way different from how they have been doing it and it will also serve as the basic for future research into the topic.
1.8 Scope of the study
The scope of this project is the limited to the activities involved in the Nigeria Postal Service distribution of mails and its administration system and also report generation on the postal service.
It is on these that the effectiveness and efficiency of the Nigerian Postal Service section of the Post office in Okpara Avenue Enugu State.
1.9 Limitation of the study
In any research work, there is a need to design a limited scope, especially if the research field is so board making it difficult for the research to finish or if the field is so narrow. Also, since the research is meant for particular period of time and time is also another limitation therefore is a need for scope adjustment.
They are lots of challenges involve to gain information and knowledge. For instance, issues connected to booking appointment with the CEO of the post office mail distribution system and other places for additional information were not easy. Some officers prove reluctant to share the information they have while most workers were not willing to reveal their challenges e.t.c.
1.10 Research Methodology
The various resources used to obtain the required information about the system specification are as followed;-
- Interview with the General Manger about the general and specific requirement of the system which will aid the process observation and decision making about the organisation
- Interview with the office/operations manager about the particular specifications which will aid the management observation and policy making process in the company/ office that are peculiar to the managerial unit of the
- Journal, textbooks, e-books as well as website that contain relevant information needed in order to gather data/ information for the system development.
- Sample date from the existing system which include receipt sample stamp, invoice and office