The Project File Details
- Name: EXAMINE THE IMPACT OF MARKETING ACTIVITIES ON THE BANKING SECTOR
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [152 KB]
- Length:  Pages
For any organization’s survival constant maintenance of customer relationship is vital. One of the modern ways of enhancing this effectiveness is the use of automatic taller machine other wise know as branchless banking. Although the usage of this machine is too mechanical. For the purpose of collecting and secondary source of data collection was used. To this end, for any organization to maintain and facilitate effective customer relation in banking industry automatic teller machine adoption is the answer.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
CHAPTER ONE; Background to the study
- Statement of problem
- Aims and objective of the study
- Significant of the study
- Scope of the study
- Limitation and constraint to the study
CHAPTER TWO; Literature Review
- The meaning of automatic teller machine A.T.M
- Rational for the introduction of A.T.M
- Uses of A.T.M to business organization
- The benefit of A.T.M to business organization
- The short comings of A.T.M
CHAPTER THREE; Research methodology
- Research population and sample
- Research Design
- Data collection instruments
- Administration of instruments
- Method of data analysis
CHAPTER FOUR; Data Presentation and Analysis
- Brief history of A.T.M into diamond bank
- Reasons for introduction A.T.M into diamond bank operation
- Objective of introducing A.T.M into diamond bank operation
- The importance of A.T.M to customer relations in diamond bank
- Effects of A.T.M operation on diamond bank customer
- Constrain to effective A.T.M operation in diamond bank
CHAPTER FIVE: Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations.
- Summary of Findings
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The company’s effort at prevailing among thousand of competitors is surrounded by a number of strategies. Among this strategy is effective customer relation customers are the centre-pieces of any production outfit is goods based or services based. If there are no customers either existing or prospective there will not be the needs for productive activities talk less of creativity, inventions or innovations.
For any company to succeed and survive in this dynamic and ever changing environment, it must confirm and adapt to the change in other to compete effectively. One of the changes in the environment is the improvement in information technology, among which is automatic teller machine (A.T.M) that reduce the stress of compulsory visitation to bank’s braches.
As someone said ‘‘a good marketer, particularly of financial services products must be conscious of good consumers relation with adequate consideration of consumers need so as to perfect the ways and means of satisfying such needs. in order to satisfy the needs of consumer without stressing them. (the customers) banks in the banking industry realized that effective distribution of service is the key ingredient to survival. Thus, lead to the introduction of A.T.M an accretion for automatic teller machine with the following features and benefits in other to maintain customer relationship and loyalty.
- Balance enquires through the A.T.M
- Printing of mini statement from the A.T.M
- Transfer within your related accounts
- you can withdraw as many time as you wish subject to the daily limit
- No charge on withdrawals through the A.T.M
- Availability of clean cash at all times
without doubt, the adoption of A.T.M in banking industry will leads to maintenance of customer relationship which will in-turn leads to the following.
- Enhancing repeat sales thereby increasing total revenue grossed by salesman.
- A satisfied customer is a willing albeit unconscious but additional promotional tools for the sales man.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
In any research work, certain problems are usually identified for the study to solve. It is the way a problem is identified that governs the ability of decision makers to search and identify appropriate solution.
In this regard, below are the studies.
- To identify the significance of automatic teller machine to enhancing customer relationship in banking industry.
- What attitude does prospective customers stand to have towards the usage of A.T.M (automatic teller machine)
- To identify same problems that confront customer in the application of A.T.M as well as the possible solution.
- To know the likely view of existing customer towards the application of A.T.M in banking industry.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
This research work will be useful for practical purpose, which shows the significance of A.T.M in enhancing customer relations in banking industry other aims of the study are.
- To examine the significance of automatic teller machines in enhancing customer relation in the banking industry.
- To highlight the likely benefit of automatic teller machine both to firms and customer of the banking industry.
- To carryout investigation on the effect of automatic teller machine as a tool for gaining more market in the banking industry.
- To know the effective of A.T.M as one of the strategies for combating competitor in the Nigeria banking industry.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY.
Apart from the benefit that the researcher stands to gain, this study is also benefit to the following group (s)
- The research: This study is significant or beneficial to the researcher as it is one of the pre requisites or requirement for the awards of higher national diploma (HND) in marketing. Also it enriches the knowledge of the researcher through different consultations.
- The case study: The research work is equally of immense benefit to diamond bank plc in knowing the rational of adopting the techniques of using the A.T.M
- It is significant to all firms in banking industry. This is because virtually all firms in the industry
Need to adopt similar but related strategies regardless of the location and potentialities
Therefore, and recommendation in this study regards the significance of ATM in exchanging customer relation can be useful to all firms in the industry.
- It is equality of immense benefits to customer in order to know the likely benefit that could be derive through ATM. With ATM customer stress is reduce up to the bears minimum and ability to cash new notes without any changers.
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Conceptually, this study is limited to the significance of automatic teller machine in enhancing customer relation in Nigeria Banking industry.
Geographically this study is expected to cover the areas where automatic teller machine is located as it can not be found present I every nooks and corner of the towns .
Industrially, this research work will be limited to banking industry with emphasis of diamond bank Plc, 95 one of the firms in the industry
Time scope –this study is expected to cover the period of writing these projects that is second semester 2005/2006 session.
- LIMITATION AND CONSTRANTS TO THE STUDY
Generally speaking, all areas of human Endeavour are characterized by some hindevonces a research work of this nature is therefore of no exception
During this study, the following are the inciting factors.
- Financial Constraints: This stand as a big barrier as a lot of many were required in gathering relevant data which could have jeopardize the full success of this study. Yet, with the assistance of parents, family
- Time Factor: this is another bottle neck to the study, because a lot of sacrifice has to be made due to the fast nature of school calendar coupled with assignments and other academic work. Only a small portion has to be scheduled for the work
- Official Secrecy: the principal limitation encountered in this study is in respect of data collection, as different names were given to relevant data such as ‘‘top secret” confidential” untouchables” out of bound” e.t.c
despite all the above stated limiting factors the researcher is of hope that, the research will achieve it’s arms aims and objective with been bias.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.