Download the complete business administration and management project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled The Effect Of Business Environment On The Productivity Of Business Organizations In Nigeria here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON The Effect Of Business Environment On The Productivity Of Business Organizations In Nigeria
The Project File Details
- Name: The Effect Of Business Environment On The Productivity Of Business Organizations In Nigeria
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [181kb]
- Length:  Pages
This project research was conducted to find out the effect of business environment on the productivity of business organization (the case study of selected Sachet Water Companies using Mr. Ben Owerri Imo State. Two types of data were used in conducting these studies. They are secondary and primary data. Secondary data were collected mainly from textbooks, journals and reports found in the libraries. Primary data of the study were generally meeting the objectives of the study. Data collected were subsequently analysis on table using chi-square, frequently distribution table and the following are found that management of the organization should be strengthening its resources and capability to meet the requirement of changing environment in order to meet the goals and objectives of the organization. The major reason the researcher discovered that control and management of business environment thus choosing appropriate technology, organization structure design of organization domain would enhance efficiency productivity and total output in business organization.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title Page i
Approval Page ii
Table of Contents vi
1.0 Introduction 1
- Background of Study 1
- Statement of Problems 5
- Objective of the Study 5
- Research Question 6
- Significance of Study 6
- Scope of Study 7
- Limitation of the Study 8
- Definition of Terms 8
2.0 Literature Review 10
- Introduction 10
- Nature of Business Organization 12
- Elements of Business Organization 15
- Management of Business Organization 18
- Analysis of Business Environment. 31
- Strategies for the Management of Environment
3.0 Research Methodology 43
- Introduction 43
- Sources of Data 43
- Methods of Data Collection 44
- Population of Study & Sample Size Determination 45
- Sampling Techniques/Procedure 47
- Validity and Reliability of Measuring Instrument 47
- Method of Data/Statistical Analysis 48
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data 50
- Introduction 50
- Dividing Into Appropriate 51
5.0 Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendations 58
- Introduction 58
- Summary of Findings 58
- Conclusion 60
- Recommendations 60
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Business organization is a formal system of coordinating activities of a group of people working cooperatively towards a common goal, under authority and leadership. The concept of formality means that they came into existence in our society Nigeria at a point in time with a view of accomplishing formal goals. These formal goals are basis for their legitimacy to exist in our society since these goals have aspects of functional relevance for the societal development and national growth.
Obviously, no business venture is done in isolation of the prospective investor and customer. A business outfit that does not command patronages is not fit to exist. This is why it is pertinent to state that all business must cooperate with the environment to avoid business blunders. These are certain key elements or factors that are often considered in the overall or total business environment. These include among others.
- Socio-cultural environment
- Market/legal forces
- Technical forces etc
These have been classified under task care and general environment. Business operations are carried out within an environment that is besieged by a number of problems and constraints. Business exists an ever changing world where it must interact with the respond to many environmental forces. Location of any business venture or organization has certain features or characteristics that must be associated with it before it can take off and flourish else its machine will be defeated. Business administrators must carry out feasibility studies before establishing any such outfit in any given moment and place. There are certain key factors a business administrator or manager must consider pertinent which include the accessibility, access roads and finance. Manager of any such business venture must be very verse in all aspects of management. He must be customer friendly, must exercise a sound academic and professional knowledge of the organizational requirement. The beneficiaries must have cause to invest in the establishment, means that it must encourage productivity and profit.
The quality of the working personal will be satisfactory to encourage quality output. The input-output ratio or deposition must be promising. The relationship between management and staff must be very cordial so as to attract investors. The relationship between the organization and its neighbours should be encouraging to ensure under-managed exchange of resources including sound and professional ideas and manpower technical manpower contributions. The environment must be devoid of rancor and acrimony so as to attract potential investors and manager of sound managerial and professional acumen. The organizations disposition towards the welfare of its staff must be very dynamic and encouraging to ensure greater productivity and staff satisfaction.
The ecstatic beauty of the entire environment must be worthy of emulation. Any good/sound administrator must consider recreational facilities vital to the growth of his organization as this will limit the activities of his personnel to the organization area of jurisdiction without unnecessary man-hour bosses on frivolities. Any dynamics and promising establishment will be futuristic that is it must be future-oriented. There must be a long term planning rather than short term that is short lived. There will be room for continuity for the growth and development of the organization. The behaviour/activities of the managers should be exemplary since their behaviour influences their staffs. The general staff disposition and the general administrative demeanor speak volume of the tone of the organization. These various factors influence the life of the organization. The growth and development or expansion of the outfit becomes dependent on the quality of the personnel. The managers must be transparently honest, financial prudence will be their guiding principle as this alone will increase the profit margin while the profit margin attracts dispel customers.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
- There is stiff competition of pure water business in Imo State.
- There is the problem of adverse government policies on the food and drink industries.
- There is high rate of labour turnover due to poor salary structure.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- To determine the rate at which government policies affects the food and drug industries business to Imo State.
- To determine the rate of labour turnover due to poor salary structure of workers in sachet water business.
- To determine the extent of people involvement in food and drug business in Owerri, Imo State.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
- To what extent does a government policy affect the sachet water business in Imo State?
- What is the rate of labour turnover of sachet water business in Imo State caused by poor salary structure?
- To what extent, do government policies affect those in the sachet water business in Imo State?
- What is the rate of labour of food and drug industry business in Imo State?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this work has greatly been outplayed. The work greatly shows that the micro and macro economic situation in the world have necessitated the need to explore the influences of business environment on the productivity of business organization.
Consequent upon this also, is the proliferation of business without adequate feasibility studies which will guarantee unmitigated production and liquidity ration of capital. This study will be beneficial to business organization such as sachet Water Company.
Finally students and potential investors for knowledge acquired would equip good future business administration in any part of the world and for wise investment sections
1.6 SCOPE/LIMITATION OF STUDY
This research work on the influences of business environment on the productivity of business organization will be centered on selected sachet water company (Mr. Ben, Kamsy Linkmore companies in Owerri Imo State).
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Sachet water companies will also, benefit if not for the lack of adequate materials needed to embark on it.
Time: Time constraint involved for the completion of the research work was not enough.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS AND CONCEPT
- Productivity: A measure of how well resources are brought together in organization and optimally utilized for accomplishing a set of goals.
- Management: This is the process of directing, coordinating and influencing the operations of an organization so as to obtain desired results and enhance performance.
- Technology: The science of technical process in a wide though related field of knowledge. This industrial technology embraces the chemical mechanical and physical science as applied in industrial process.
- Decision Making: This is a series of steps that starts with an identification of problems to be solved and analysis of information animated in selecting from several alternatives to solve the problem under consideration. It can simply be said to mean deliberate adoption of means to end.
- Effectiveness: The extent to which any organization use a social system, given certain reserves and means, fulfills its objectives without incapacitating means and resources and without placing undue strain upon it members.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.