Download the complete business administration and management project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled The Impact Of Communication On Organizational Goal Attainment here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON The Impact Of Communication On Organizational Goal Attainment
The Project File Details
- Name: The Impact Of Communication On Organizational Goal Attainment
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [202kb]
- Length:  Pages
This research work was hesitated by the desire to discover the Impact of Communication on Organizational Goal Attainment. (A case study of Simmy industries Nigeria Limited, Anambra State).
This works concerned with the important of communication in various business organizing the benefit and most especially and its effect the research was carried out in Simmy industries Nigeria Limited, Anambra State).
Questionnaires and interview are used to gather data for analysis and statistical analysis method such as table ration and percentage were used in examining the findings, recommendation were made in his research worm for managers and management scholars.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Approval page ii
Table of contents vi
List of tables vii
1.0 Introduction 1
1.1 Background of the study 1-3
1.2 Statement of the problem 4
1.3 Purpose / objective of the study 6
1.4 Research question 7
1.5 Significance of the study 8
1.6 Scope of the study 8
1.7 Limitations of the study 9
1.8 Definition of terms 10
2.0 Literature review 11
2.1 Introduction 11
2.2 Definition of communication 12
2.3 Modes of organizational communication 12
2.4 Communication structures 13-16
2.5 Leadership 17-18
2.6 Concept of employee participation 19
2.7 Common causes of problems in organization communication 20-21
2.8 Key principles to effective organization communication 22
2.9 Communication process 23-25
3.0 Research design and methodology 26
3.1 Introduction 26
3.2 Research design / methods 26
3.3 Sources of data 27-28
3.4 Methods of data collection 29
3.5 Population of study and sample size
3.6 Sampling techniques / procedure 31
3.7 Validity and reliability of measuring
4.0 Data presentation, analysis & interpretation 38
4.1 Introduction 38
4.2 Presentation of data 38
4.3 Analysis of data 39-53
5.0 Summary of findings, conclusion and recommendation 54
5.1 Summary of findings 54
5.2 Conclusion 55
5.3 Recommendation 55-56
Appendix (ices 58
BACKGROUND OF STUDY
The history of communication dates back to the earliest signs of care men, when they used symbols, paintings, and writings to communicate with one another communication can range from very subtle process of exchange to full conversations and mass communication.
Human communication was revolutionized with speech perhaps 200,000 years ago symbols were developed about 30, 000 years ago and writing about 7, 000 years, communication can be defined in the following was: as the process of conveying information from a sender to a receiver with the use of a medium in which the communicated information is understood the same way by both sender and receiver.
It can be defined in the context of an organization as the process of transmitting information ideas, ideas, thoughts, opinions and plans between various parts of an organization.
The impact of communication is an organization can not be discussed without to trace back to the historical background of organizational communication. The field traces its lineage through business information business communication and early mass communication studies published in the 1930’s, until then organizational communication as a discipline consisted of a few professor within speech department who had particular interest in speaking and writing in business settings.
Several seminar publications standout as works broadening the scope and recognizing the importance of communication in the organizing process and using the term “organizational communication”. Nobel Laureate Herbert Simon wrote in 1947 about “organization essential to organizations.
In the 1950’s organizational communication largely on the role of communication in improving organizational life and organizational output the 1980’s the field turned away from a business concerned more with the constitute role of communication in organizing.
After some experiments that was conducted by some scholars it was concluded that the structure of communication within an organization will have a significant influence on the accuracy of discussion the speed with which they can be reached and the satisfaction of the people involved.
In an organization such as Simmy industries Nig Ltd the modes of communication approach are formal and informal. Informational communication generally is associated with interpersonal horizontal communication, this form or communication was primarily seen as a potential hindrance to effective organizational performance but this is no longer the case as informal communication has become more important to ensuring the effective conduct of work in modern organization.
Formal communication which is also known as downward communicate is used by the top levels management to communicate to the lower level. This is used to important policies guidelines etc.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Organization cannot effectively operate without communication. Communication which is one of the life sources of an organization is very necessary in an organization because without it people cannot interact with each other. For example if the employees in an organization would not know the organizations objectives, they would not strive to achieve the organization’s objectives. The following would also ensure as a result of problems in the communication structure of an organization.
- The manger would not be able to inform employed of changes.
- The managers would not be able to train their worker reports so the worker not poses the skill they need to carry out their jobs.
- The employee in the organization would not know what their roles and responsibilities were so they would not be able to carry out their daily tasks and duties
- Their would be dissatisfied customer’s at a result of poor customer’s service
- The organization would not be aware of their computers activities.
1.3 PURPOSE / OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This research is aimed at helping the organization know of the importance of effective communication or the impact of communication on organization goal attainment.
In the context of this study the objectives of this study would include the following:
- It helps the organization creates a mutual understanding environment between the management and employees
- To know if the management of the organization employees understand the term “the impact of communication
- To know its contribution to the overall performance of the organization
- To know the barriers or impediments to communication in Simmy industries Nig. Ltd
- To suggest possible solutions to this problems
Other organization would also see the benefits of this study and hence will make them appreciate the impact of communication in an organization its benefits.
Finally, this study would serve as a frame of reference for students and researchers of related fields who may conduct similar enquires into this topic.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
- Is communication in an organization a necessary instrument for organizational goal attainment
- Are the communication modes and principles clearly understood and implemented by the management of Simmy industries nig Ltd Anambra State.
- Can effective communication exist in every organization
- Is communication the backbone in an organization
- Are communication modes and principle whole somely applied or implemented in Simmy industries Nigeria Plc Anambra State.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The significance of the research study are as follows:
- It provides realistic solutions to the problems or impediments to the development of communication skills in Simmy industries Ltd Anambra State.
- It exposes the numerous problems or impediments to the development of communication skills in an organization.
- It exposes the level of communication in an organization
- Since the study exposes the level of communication development in Simmy industries Nig Ltd other organization are challenged.
- It will serve as a guide to further research study
- It can be used as a comparison with other organization
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study “the impact of communication on organization goal attainment” in which Simmy industries tries Nig. Ltd Anambra State is a case study area such as communication historical background measuring of communication, principles, introduction development of communication skills in Simmy industries Nig Ltd, types / modes of communication in an organization (Simmy industries Nig Ltd Anambra state impediments or barrier to communication in Simmy industries Nigeria Ltd, possible solutions to the barriers .
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The following are some of the factor that stands against the completion of this study they include:
- Time factor
- Financial limitation
- Distance between the researcher and the place of case study (Simmy industries Ltd Anambra State)
- Lackadavical attitude of some respondents
- Education level of some employee in Simmy industries Ltd Anambra State.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Some of the terms used in this work are listed and defined below:
- Attainment: To succeed in accomplishing an aim
- Barrier: An obstacle that prevents communication, movement or access.
- Communication: The process of conveying information from a sender to a receiver with the use of a medium in which the communicated information is clearly understand the same way by both sender and receiver.
- Developments: This is the growth of something so that it becomes advances and stronger
- Effective: Producing a desired or intended result
- Impact: A marked effect or influence
- Impediments: those things that cause hindrance or obstruction.
- Organization: An organized group of people with a particular purpose such as business.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.