Download the complete business administration and management project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled The Role Of Non-Governmental Organization On The Development Of Rural Areas here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON The Role Of Non-Governmental Organization On The Development Of Rural Areas
The Project File Details
- Name: The Role Of Non-Governmental Organization On The Development Of Rural Areas
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [141kb]
- Length:  Pages
This study gives a suitable detail on The Role Of Non-Governmental Organization On The Development Of Rural Areas (A Case Study Of Owerri West Local government Area). In handling our topic, we have framed it into five chapters. Chapter one bordered on introduction, which contains background of the study, research questions, statement of problems, statement of hypothesis, significance of the study, scope of the study, limitation and definition of terms. Chapter two concentrated on literature review which is made up of introduction. Chapter three dealt on research design and methodology which contains introduction, research design, sources/methods of data collection, population and sample size, sample techniques, validity and reliability of measuring instrument and method of data analysis. Chapter four centered on presentation and analysis of data which contains introduction, presentation of data, analysis of data, test of hypothesis and interpretation of result, and lastly, chapter five is summary of findings, conclusion and recommendations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
- Background of the Study
- Statement of the Problem
- Research Question
- Objective of the Study/Purpose
- Significance of the Study
- Scope of the Study
- Limitations of the Study
- Definition of Terms
Research Design and Methodology
- Research Design and Methodology
- Sources of Data
- Method of Data Collection
- Sampling Method/Techniques
- Validity and Reliability of Measuring Instrument Validity
- Method of Data Analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis
- Presentation and Analysis of Data According to Questions
Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendations
- Summary of Findings
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
It is no exaggeration to state from the beginning that our rural arrears have been deliberately milked to impoverishment and to the advantages of the urban areas. This ugly condition of the rural area dates back to the colonial era of Nigeria under the British government. This imbalance in development was inherited at independence and carried along successive government during the abundant natural resources in the rural areas were explored. Any attempts to develop such areas, the political and administrative institution were public decision making. Power in reality was more concentrated and centralized that dispersed especially at the federal level of power as a result of this type of political structure,
This was a clear demarcation between the urban and rural areas development. The urban areas being the seats of government were developed at the expense of the rural areas. In recent times, the issue of rural development has become crucial in the political, social and economic life of nation. This is as a result of the realization of fact that the rural areas and their inhabitants constitute about 70 percentage of the nation population. In order to bring about real development in the rural areas, there must exist active collaboration between government, non-governmental organization and communication with the rural people.
The rural people need to be recognized and helped by the government to enable them form cooperation and productive organization. They should be encouraged to participate actively in the decision making process for the determination of societal goals.
Since the past few decades, various non-governmental organization have shown interest in the development of rural areas. Various communities that have not benefited from the limited financial resource of the government have embarked on development project. It has stimulated and galvanized individuals into activities participation in social economic activities of the nation and has also brought development to the grassroots.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Developments of the rural areas have been a constant issue in Nigeria’s recent economic and political history. In order to bring this into reality, there is need to evolve a system that would activate the participation and support of the rural people.
Having this in mind, the non-governmental organization has been making a move to support government in the bid to develop rural areas. Nevertheless, some problems have been consistent that necessitated the writing of this project work which are:
- Inadequate government presence in the rural areas.
- Lack of basic amenities in the rural areas.
- The absence of good medical services in the rural areas.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this work is:
- Examine the role being played by non-governmental organization in the development of rural areas.
- To identify the causes of low rate of involvement of the non-government organization in the developmental activities in rural area.
- To ascertain the reason for the inadequate government presence in rural areas.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
- What are the roles played by non-governmental organization in the development of rural areas?
- What are the causes of low rate of involvement of the non-governmental organization in the development activities in the rural areas?
- What are the reasons for the inadequate government presence in rural areas?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The following are the beneficiaries of this work:
- The non-governmental organization.
- The local government areas in Imo State.
- The government of Imo State
- The students and
- Fellow researchers.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This work explored the role of the non-governmental organization in the social and physical development of rural areas. The researcher assessed the level of involvement of non-governmental organization in the development of the rural areas. They are locally with regards to the social economic and political like of the people. The work did not cover the role of religious, cultural and administrative organization in the development of rural areas rather the scope covered the non-governmental organizations operating in Owerri West L.G.A.
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Time was the major limitation of work. It was not encouraging because the researcher has to go and prepare for examines among other and as a result too little time was devoted to the study.
Further finance was another major limitation of this work because of inadequate finance, the researcher found it very difficult to buy test books, journals etc for reference purpose hence the use of few ones in the school library for reference purpose.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Non Governmental Organization: In this study are conceptualized as any non-governmental group of two or more people coming together to perform some activities that lead to the accomplishment of objectives. These organizations are age grades, town unions, cultural groups, philanthropist organization etc.
- Development: For the purpose of this study, development implies any form of improvement, progress, positive change that improves the living condition of the people in a particular community.
- Rural Areas: Rural areas are characterized by depleted workforce rudimentary and inefficient availability of basic infrastructure and social amenities such as safe portable all season roads, telecommunication, electricity, schools, medical facilities recreational facilities and social awareness.
- Rural Development: According to Michael, Olisa and Obiukwu (1992), rural development involves a process by which the people efforts are united with those of the government to improve the social economic and cultural conditions of the community integration of the community into the life of the national rural development. It involves comprehensive change in the cultural economic, social, educational and political affairs of the people designed basically to make themselves reliant.
All project works, files and documents posted on this website, projects.ng are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and the works are crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). Projects.ng is a repository of research works just like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and many other platforms where users upload works. The paid subscription on projects.ng is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here, and you want it to be removed/credited, please call us on +2348159154070 or send us a mail together with the web address link to the work, to [email protected] We will reply to and honor every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 - 48 hours to process your request.